AutoPatcher XP May 2007

chuckenheimer, the only one conflict that i see with wmp10 package is that some people will have a choice. since ie7 update, i've lost 1 software licence that cost me $20. it just doesn't run anymore and it still was serving me well. arround the world, a lot of people may have similar problems. anyway, the rule to update is pretty simple: just don't check the things that you don't wanna. updates for wmp10 only will be applied if you have wmp10, and not if you have wmp11 or something. the same thing hapends to wmp11 updates or ie7 updates. furthermore, just a few people do a complete format in order to not have traces of previews updates. so, even if you install wmp10 then wmp11, will be no harm

Does anyone know what the hold up/ETA is on June Release?

I assume it's the translation/Compiler instructions, website design and whatever else blazin' has up his sleeves.

I'm looking forward to compiling/packaging my own 5.6 releases :-)

^ it's solving the compatibility issues between releases thats holding it up. a bunch of folders need renaming but even though that sounds simple, its most definitely not!

if i simply used a rename command on the folders, if you try to reinstall releases over the top or combine releases, there are going to be problems.

if i used the copyfiles command, that always overwrites files and so isn't good enough.

if i used individual rename & delete commands for each file that needs to be moved, thats a lot of work, the there are potential situations where an older copy of a file could prevail over a newer copy when combining releases, especially considering translations which are always consistently maintained.

so it looks like i'm going to have to create a custom solution, i create a macro which you pass in a couple of folder names too, the macro builds a list of files to move, for each one it checks if theres an existing file with that name at the destination, if not it just moves the file, if so then it needs to get a compare last modified dates to establish whether or not to replace the file.

it's just a bit complicated, and i've been feeling tired recently (been working on ap non-stop since february), i'll get it done soon though.

post-51082-1175643613.jpg

AutoPatcher Downloads

This thread will serve as a menu to all the release threads.

Release threads:

* list removed, we've just moved to releases based on the all new AutoPatcher version 5.6. because we have loads more releases now this threads going to get messy, i may abandon it... *

Blaze,

AutoPatcher x86 Release Manager

www.autopatcher.com

New Layout by

raptor

I noticed that if your time & date are not properly set, Internet Explorer 7 won't be installed. It does the same thing when installing without autopatcher. A notice/popup message could prevent this I guess. Just to let you know.

^^^ I don't think it's possible to do this. Microsoft has the same issue which if your clock is off and you go to Windows Update, you'll get an error.

Any news?

Thanks

afaik all June international releases are going to be published the same day the original english version will be released

june italian will be a core+addon release tough

Danilo Peres, no. but except for this this month and feb update, all others was unofficial, due not have an release in that time.

after a week of thought and 237 lines of code, our installer now has decent file/folder rename/move capabilities :D

tomorrow will largely be spent testing it out with my latest releases (which desperately needed it to solve some compatibility issues with other releases). expect the june releases any day now ;)

p.s. the usual translation packs will soon follow!

Hi guys, I hope that italian release will be available soon. Any news about it?

Just a question (maybe already asked lot of times), is possible to install an english versione (maybe also full) on italian language? What's change after in the OS?

Thanks for answers.

Cheers

just as a little attempt to keep everyone informed of where i'm at - i expect to hopefully finish compiling releases and start uploading tomorrow!

it's been one complication after another this month.

- firstly getting compatability issues between all of our releases sorted with gandolas.

- then implementing them.

- then i did the usual set of changes - adding updates, etc.

- then when starting to compile releases around the 23rd of june i ran into a major complication - how on earth to rename files/folders. normally i would avoid renaming anything by re-including modules in update releases and deleting the old copies. this time that wasn't possible though because it would mean including a huge amount of files. instead i had to do a lot of research and thinking and in the end had to write a custom solution.

- then i had to update the new documentation with the new info surrounding that.

- then getting back to compiling the releases, thinking i was almost done, i then found another complication - how exactly to distribute updates to the addon packs from last month? that took a while to think about especially when i had some other real life things i needed to do.

- now i've pretty much got that sorted and i'm back to compiling the releases, however it's a really big struggle to do that.

- another complication i had today was that i found that a folder wasn't being deleted that should have been. took a couple of hours to figure out why, turned out to be that i forgot to close a file search in the code for the installer :pinch:

anyway, as i said, hopefully i'll get the releases finalised and uploading tomorrow.

then it's just six days till the next one :(

i'm playing a game of catch up here, after these are done i've still got to: create translation packs; finish documentation; help out with getting the office teams releases compatible with ours; update the website (and for that i have a big secret idea up my sleeve!).

well good luck, I'm still hoping that July release will be 99% 'complete/compatible' yes?

It's just because I make my own Resource CD and compile the releases together to save space (I also have stuff like spybot and avg on there etc) Here's hoping you've got a cool stable system sorted now :)

^ not really. theres no real difference in size - the two added together will be the same apart; it's not like i'm going to take extra time doing the july releases - i'll get right on them; it might be more confusing to new users if they can't find a june release and skip from may to july, and besides which i want to get these damn things out.

i've only got one small bug to fix with the installer (something isn't doing what it's supposed to and i've just had to ask for help in their forum). if they reply in the next 20 minutes i'll fix it and get uploading, else i'll upload them tomorrow if they've replied with the solution.

@aNILEator, yes, all releases from june 2007 onwards should be compatible with each other!

Hi i already have the previous Autopatchers. From November Full to December,January,February lite. When i am trying to setup the may core winxp it says that it has problem with the previous one. Should i uninstall them and then setup the new?

Hi i already have the previous Autopatchers. From November Full to December,January,February lite. When i am trying to setup the may core winxp it says that it has problem with the previous one. Should i uninstall them and then setup the new?

May is a completely new program and you should install it fresh, so yes, uninstall all your previous Autopatchers before installing May.

Glad to hear it, I'll wait till July release (hopefully won't take as long!) when hopefully you'll have some kick arse updated compiling instructions etc, just sounded a little more confusing how you described it previously (mentionning manually renaming folders etc) as opposed to the previous style of language/compiling packs which was install updates, rename month in script and press go :p