[Official] Forza Motorsports 2 Discussion

while racing: were the jaggies there since day one or am i imagining things?

You're probably looking for them a bit more. They've always been there, but the motion blur and glaring tends to hide the effect pretty well.

oh well i guess it's a compromise to keep the framrate so high and constant. will have to start looking at the track more.

^jesus that person has a lot of time and skill.

It seems as though people are simply racing too aggressively online now. I've done 4 races online today and I've been damaged badly in all four of them. I wound up finishing last in my most recent race because people don't know when to lay off, someone got sideways in the turn, and I had no chance of avoiding him. He gets a dented door and I lose 5th gear. Great.

Speaking of that... people pit maneuver and everything. I got hit by all 7 other cars in a race once, and hard. Was even pushed a good 600 feet sideways by two cars, and then thrown deep into the dirt. I don't know why people have to be so aggressive in this game... all it does is a) **** me off b) make me lag out from all the action.

^ But you will notice that the people who ram you and stuff / get really agro about things are invariably the same people that have about the same skill at the game as a small infant, so its the only way they ever stand of winning a race...sad but true...

At least when I ram people at full speed its because I looked away from the television for a second, not because Im angry losing and want to take someone with me. Im just happy I don't have simulation damage on.

oh well i guess it's a compromise to keep the framrate so high and constant. will have to start looking at the track more.

you're supposed to be looking at the track in the first place lol :p

honestly though, the jaggies in the demo were a concern for me, but when i got the game and started focusing on the actual gameplay, jaggies became the least of my concerns :)

you're supposed to be looking at the track in the first place lol :p

honestly though, the jaggies in the demo were a concern for me, but when i got the game and started focusing on the actual gameplay, jaggies became the least of my concerns :)

I was told that there was an update early on to reduce the "Jaggies".

One thing I sometimes tried to do with MotoGP is start off the line late to avoid the inevitable collision at the first turn. It only really works, though, if you have enough skill and your ride is capable enough of catching up with the pack later - and suffice it to say, in Forza I lack both of these.

One thing I sometimes tried to do with MotoGP is start off the line late to avoid the inevitable collision at the first turn. It only really works, though, if you have enough skill and your ride is capable enough of catching up with the pack later - and suffice it to say, in Forza I lack both of these.

Yeah I used to use this tactic with PGR online. Worked everytime :laugh:

Nice :)

How much are you looking to get for that?

for free if you supply the car. just add my gamertag and gift me a car, I'll slap on the design and gift it back :)

What I do is make sure I have a car quick off the line. I can usually jump put far enough in front off the line to be out of the pack when they hit the first turn. Takes some tuning skill and sacrifices top speed, but you don't often need your top speed.

for free if you supply the car. just add my gamertag and gift me a car, I'll slap on the design and gift it back :)

Thanks :D Your design (although really simple) looks awesome.

Ok just picked up a copy for Forza 2. Gonna hit this thing up when i get home. If anyone was playing in a group or something like that and would like someone else to join hit my up :yes: . Name is sedriss316. Larry ill race with ya whenever you got time.

I need 7 ppl to join me tommorow around 3-4pm est. Just need ya to join my room and quit once the race starts. Reason being going to do the 1 million online credits achievement. 75 Laps on Nurburgring with 8 people in it would net me 950,000 credits. Just need 7 ppl in the room and once the race start ya quit out and can do w/e else you want to do. Race would only take about 6 hours and I got the time to do it, so please send me a FR or message to AG3NT SLANE if you can help me, won't take but 5 minutes. :)

I need 7 ppl to join me tommorow around 3-4pm est. Just need ya to join my room and quit once the race starts. Reason being going to do the 1 million online credits achievement. 75 Laps on Nurburgring with 8 people in it would net me 950,000 credits. Just need 7 ppl in the room and once the race start ya quit out and can do w/e else you want to do. Race would only take about 6 hours and I got the time to do it, so please send me a FR or message to AG3NT SLANE if you can help me, won't take but 5 minutes. :)

Wow, that is dedication. I might be around to help you out.

So the other day I finally got my Xbox Live set up and the one thing I noticed is that on most of the scoreboards I see all the top people using the Lotus Exige (custom tuned edition). Is this car really that good? I'm not the to the point where I can buy it yet but I'm wondering if it is worth the high price tag.

Here is my Fairlady Z. U999 :)

<snip>

Maxed out, the 350Z handles like a pig. Quite nice acceleration though ;)

I'm totally dedicated to this game, here's my Golf GTI [s-class]

post-16319-1182296670.jpg

nightz and digital: yes, supposed to look at the track but can't help notice the cars. maybe that's why i usually take damage. plus in career i race on easy half the time, and then you have plenty room to day dream.

also noticed that the replay isn't as aliased (spl?), hence almost no jaggies. in fact, the replay looks freakin awesome and lifelike. it's in-game that the jagginess happens. weird.

bangbang i agree acceleration is king. get a car with 8.5 or above for that and you should be fine.

The replays are AA 4x at 30fps where in game is AA 2x at 60fps. Smoother game play with the sacrifice of smoother edges.

As for the Exige, I'm not sure what's so special about it. I just built a Class A Exige and the numbers aren't over whelming. 0 - 60mph in 3.7 and 0 - 100mph in 7.7. That's about average, but it only has a top speed of ~150.

Damn, this game makes me want to go buy a 360. Seriously. This game looks amazing.

Damn, this game makes me want to go buy a 360. Seriously. This game looks amazing.

Trust me, it is amazing. I know nothing about cars. I don't even drive (I got the subway here in NYC, I'm good lol), yet here I am learning a ton about camber, caster, antiroll bars, springs and all of this crap just so I can tune my car better. It's an addiction.