Safari 3.0 Beta (OS X)

Posting from it now and loving it. The resizable text field is fantastic and I haven't seen any other browser do that before.

EDIT: Yes it does overwrite Safari 2.

You could've downloaded it without QuickTime. There's an option right below the one to download with it. ;)

:rofl: Well in that case I am not so upset about it, as that is obviously my mistake.

Posting from it now and loving it. The resizable text field is fantastic and I haven't seen any other browser do that before.

Doesn't OmniWeb have this feature already?

Why can i still not double click the tab bar to open a new tab? *uninstalled*

Quicker to do a CTRL-T (or Apple-T).

Why can i still not double click the tab bar to open a new tab? *uninstalled*

I also wish they would have added that functionality. :(

Anyone know if PithHelmet and Saft will get updated for the Safari 3? :unsure:

Also. Anyone know why the Rich Text Editor on the Neowin forums still converts to the Standard Editor when using Safari. It happens in Safari 2 as well. Every other Mac browser works fine. :wacko:

Just to make sure, everyone else's Safari 3 beta preview still sports the brushed metal appearance?

Yep. You will only get the unified look in OS X 10.5.

Anyone know if PithHelmet and Saft will get updated for the Safari 3? :unsure:

Also. Anyone know why the Rich Text Editor on the Neowin forums still converts to the Standard Editor when using Safari. It happens in Safari 2 as well. Every other Mac browser works fine. :wacko:

WebKit. OmniWeb is the same I believe.

Not happy that I've had to disable SafariStand until a compatible version is released.

But loving the tear off tabs & new find on page. :)

I've added keyboard shortcuts for 'Reopen Last Closed Window' & 'Reopen All Windows From Last Session'.

Very handy :)

Anyone get this bug? Download something, clear it from the download box, quit safari, open it, the contents is still in the download box

hmmm doesnt do it all the time, i think it might be when you reboot, but i cant be bothered to reboot at the moment :/

Not happy that I've had to disable SafariStand until a compatible version is released.

But loving the tear off tabs & new find on page. :)

I've added keyboard shortcuts for 'Reopen Last Closed Window' & 'Reopen All Windows From Last Session'.

Very handy :)

Wait, you can add keyboard shortcuts to in effect do an undo tab/window or do a session restore from last sesson?

HOW?!?!

is the beta still brushed metal? mine is. (osx)

Read 5 posts above yours.

anyone tried safari on a windows machine with proxy? i've tried it but it crashes every time

At work we go through a proxy, Although it was working fine earlier I now get this page with any and every site

Wait, you can add keyboard shortcuts to in effect do an undo tab/window or do a session restore from last sesson?

HOW?!?!

Yea, you can do it with (pretty much) any menu function for an app in OS X.

Go to System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, Keyboard Shortcuts.

Click on the plus sign & select Safari for the app. In the menu title type in the function exactly as it's written in the app & select a key combination

keyboard_shortcuts.png

Then restart the app & it should work :)

A known bug which affects MSN. MSN will crash when trying to close a conversation window if Safari 3 is installed.

Anyone else finding Microsoft Messenger quits incessantly now?
A known bug which affects MSN. MSN will crash when trying to close a conversation window if Safari 3 is installed.

:)

New WebKit breaks Growl.

Oh, and I can't close any windows.

But hey, new CSS3 features in WebKit are worth it (e.g. resizable text fields), even though i've been using them in the nightlies for a while :p