three guys found on Vista Disk

If you search deeper you will find some naked chicks.

I found out that the holographic images appear on 1/1,000 disks only.

The pic only appears on the original release of Vista DVD discs

Which has now been updated to a new label without the pic

I'd like to start a contest of "Who's Those Fellers" or abbreviated to WTF (can have a double meaning!)

Even MS won't comment, but someone knows, and I bet it's just those 3 men.

Do people sit there looking through a microscope looking for these things on CD's ?

Well, I guess that's what you get when you make people pay this much for a simple disc filled with ones and zeroes...

Do people sit there looking through a microscope looking for these things on CD's ?

LOL :p It's a nice find though !

If you've ever been to London Bridge station and gone to the high number platforms you will find these men hanging around wearing this coat and having orgasms when they tick off train numbers.

I call people like that an 'Anorak'.

Maybe it fits into the same category.

Just checked my Ultimate OEM DVD, and I see something there under a magnifying glass, but I can't quite tell if there are three guys there. :huh:

I have my Vist Ultimat 64bit cd and on that ball i can make out the blank spot on the cd and on each side are 2 tiny squares on one of them looks to be 3 dots but thats with my eyes and i dont have a magnify glass handy.

Edit: found it ya its on my DVD but theres 3 other small squares around the ball but i cannot make out what they are.

If you've ever been to London Bridge station and gone to the high number platforms you will find these men hanging around wearing this coat and having orgasms when they tick off train numbers.

I call people like that an 'Anorak'.

Maybe it fits into the same category.

I think you'll call them TrainSpotters. Its a hobby.

They are Microsoft anti-piracy team. The image is there to make it hard to copy hologram.

Yeah I thought thats who they were...some sort of team that stops you from copying the disc :shifty:

That's what I thought - the anti-piracy stuff.

Now, I don't wanna jinx it, but now that the public found out it's there, wouldn't it be easier for pirates to copy that???

Mind you, I have a fully legit Vista Business (I got it on January 31st, 2007) through my former university's MSDNAA program, then upgraded to Ultimate through Windows Anytime Upgrade on June 3rd. I also have another Vista Business DVD from my PC Configuration class.

I think the pixels breakUp, depends on how many dpi your scanner allows.

Better to magnify, (with a magnifying glass!) and take a digital photo image of it.

Pic is 1mm !

It seems kind of bizarre to put an image like that on a disc. Wouldn't a Microsoft logo have done just as well?

No. Anyone can get the Microsoft logo from the internets; those pictures are exclusive and probably only Microsoft has the original pictures.