Windows Ultimate Extras

Is Ultimate Extras a Sham?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the value of Ultimate Extras?

• Yes
    • What Ultimate Extras?
    • No

Inspired by: istartedsomething

I'm annoyed, at the moment Ultimate Extras has a preview dreamscene, a silly game and a security product I don't care for.

I think I'm going to call Microsoft tomorrow and ask about my Ultimate Extras.

The fact that you don't care for the security product is neither here nor there.

They didn't promise anything specific, so they are not failing to supply what they said.

Are you satisfied? Do they care?

The current offerings on Ultimate Extras does not justify the cost of the full version of Vista Ulimate (up to $750). They should have some more extras. I'm really glad I only got the trial version with the rearm thingy on. :)

I think you're a mug if you think it was worth buy Vista Ultimate for the Ultimate Extras - I bought it because I wanted some features only available in Business and some only available in Home Premium.

As for the patch that allows you to use dreamscene on other versions - that is circumvention, aka piracy and therefore quite illegal. Post reported..

not really, just a preview of it

+1

It's about time DreamScene final was here though. I'm sure there was talk of the final possibly surfacing some time in May a while back too.

I think you're a mug if you think it was worth buy Vista Ultimate for the Ultimate Extras - I bought it because I wanted some features only available in Business and some only available in Home Premium.

As for the patch that allows you to use dreamscene on other versions - that is circumvention, aka piracy and therefore quite illegal. Post reported..

There is no such patch.

There is a patch that allows you to bypass the initial installer check, but there's been nothing worked out yet that will let you actually use dreamscene on other versions.

Honestly, I don't care what extras they give me. They are only that, extras, and we shouldn't be expecting anything major.

so what your saying is that the extras justifys the cost of Vista Ult??

if so then I think you should just stick with your vote of obama and not vote on this topic.

I think the extras is just a cover up since Microsoft lost money due to vista coming out so late. now think about it for a sec. Ultimate was almost a last minute Vista OS choice. now why did they do that?? because they lost money for it coming out so late.

Ahem, I know somebody using it on home premium

If you're being honest then you wont have an issue posting a pic then showing dreamscenes options while showing a winver window ;)

If you're being honest then you wont have an issue posting a pic then showing dreamscenes options while showing a winver window ;)

A simple google search will show that this is possible. But just because something IS possible doesn't mean you should do it. My c2d lost 20% cpu when running it, and who sits there and just stares at thier desktop?!?!?!

2 extra's so far right? the background thing (sucks) and the poker game.. OOOO don't spoil us all in one year microsoft.

Ultimate Extras is the same crap as Plus for XP... so dont expect too much!...

But I paid a $300 (Australian Dollars) premium for the Ultimate Edition, and there is no value for me.

So, I called Microsoft Australia. They could not tell me when or if there will be more Ultimate Extras. They did offer a part refund to downgrade to Windows Home Premium.

Edited by domaand

You don't buy Vista Ultimate only for the extras. You buy it because it has all the features from the other versions included with it.

You can run media center, IIS 7, and run remote desktop at the same time.

Vista is targeted at more hardcore pc enthusiasts who want to play around with all these features without having to swap between business and home premium.

As for the extras, they?re just a gimmick really. People shouldn't be buying Ultimate for the Extras.

I am using Ultimate for the Shadow Copy feature otherwise Home Premium is more than enough (I have both). But I still think ultimate extras is a scam.