Why Why Why

Sona: I agree to an extent but disagree to the comment you made that we were "smarter" now

One thing that sticks in my mind is the Great Pyramids and their alignment. That was done by a civilization much smarter than us, we only began to understand its meaning last century!

Also the Greek, 2000 years ago. If the Roman Empire hadn't wiped them out then, we may of had TV's and Computers 1000 years ago or more. They were so gifted, yet like so many they were wiped out by a destructive force.

Man has frequently lost ALL knowledge of his advancements through wars or other means..

The problem with todays population is that it's greedy and everyone wants control on everything. When they get power then, they use it mostly only for their own advantage.

Politics is the worst example for it, look at fuel taxes. Best example. Politicians raise the taxes for environments sake, but get driven with a V12 Mercedes SL600, even if it's only 200meter away where tehy need to get to. Also they earn money like what, so they can't understand how it affects the normal people that only earn a fraction of what they earn.

Heh, the regional minister raised his own load about 27%. Because he thought he earns not enough.

Nice, eh?

But anarchy doesn't work out at all. So we're just damned to live under the corruption of our politicians. Don't even mention the countries who still virtually live in middle-age (like afghanistan).

When I say we are more intelligent now, I mean that we have more common sense, we know the difference between fiction and reality a bit better... we don't murder people because we believe they are involved in witchcraft... (most of us, anyway) we just don't fool easily. I mean, if you look back quite a while ago when a man named Orson Welles broadcasted a radio show about aliens taking over the earth, people who tuned in later into the show actually believed it... some committed suicide, some just totally freaked out... And today, we wouldn't do that... We have a better sense of reality. Ya know what I mean? Today, we can look back and say "jeez, look at how stupid those people were" and I believe one day, thousands of years from now or more, humans will look back and say the same thing about religious people.

Witchcraft, yea... LOL

Ever noticed the trouble which the hardcore christians do in USA with the release of the Harry Potter movie? They released an information video called "Harry Potter - Witchcraft repackaged?" The Harry Potter movie could get the future kids off the path to god and get them to witchcraft!

ROFL.

I think Tom is spot on with the politics.

Ministers all around the western world are raising "awareness taxes" expecting us to stomach it, but at the same time their salaries go up to compensate the taxed! so in effect I am paying for their awareness and they are being re-inbursed on their loss.

Today we spend more of the dollar or pound on taxation then ever before but salaries dont usually follow the trend. In Holland for example VAT (Value Added Tax) is at 19% !!

and thats before you are taxed on all other things.. The old 40% for the rich is slowly becoming a reality for the "not so wealthy" if you throw in all the other bits that are taken off (and when you purchase)

sux major ass.

You don't have to believe in a God to pray... Praying is merely talking to yourself, and comforting yourself. Perhaps it is just a normal human thing to do, or perhaps it's all the years our parents brainwashed us...

in response to soma, i'd agree theres many things that we dont understand. However scientists predict we are only using 5% of our brains, so imagine what we could do in the future

i think eventually we will solve many mysterys.. hope so anyway ;/

oh also i think that alot of the old testament was made up :/ but that dosnt stop it from being relevent..

think about how customs and cultures and attitudes etc have changed yet there are underlying messages in the bible that we follow today, espcially the whole racism thing, about saying how everyman is equal, and erm

i'm rambeling really :/