'Mile-wide UFO' spotted by British airline pilot

I love it when everyone sees the word UFO and start spouting off about aliens...

UFO means nothing but an unidentified flying object...in no way does it necessarily mean that aliens are flying around.

Very true. People jump to conclusions very quickly.

I must be blind, I don't see anything in the picture except someone's flash, unless we're supposed to acknowledge the ring of light on there?

Could it be Falcor from The never ending story?

unknown.jpg

no, i think its made of metal, not flesh. but probably of a metal not found on earth

Yes, these could be of other races from other planets but please remember, they are like animals too.

Aliens coming to kill us have been a made up fanstany to scare us, to make up stories, to enterain us. In NO way will that occcur in real life. If that was the case then animals on this planet would've done that. Martains would be more friendly and happy to find that they are not alone in the excat same way we are to them. Remember we are martains, the aliens.

Perhaps they came/come here to explore like we explore space. If they do come down and greet us, we should treat them with respect, Star Wars ("differnt races working together") anyone?

There's nothing to be afraid of. I am saying this because I get tired of people saying "Ahhh they will kill us".

Sigh.. when will people stop associating UFOs with aliens. UFO is an unidentified flying object, and by no means it is all of a sudden an alien spacecraft. Besides, if it is aliens we are talking about here and they are visiting our planet, they surely would be so advanced in technology that they wouldn't need a spaceship made out of some unknown to us material as we tend to think to travel through galaxies.

Yes, these could be of other races from other planets but please remember, they are like animals too.

Aliens coming to kill us have been a made up fanstany to scare us, to make up stories, to enterain us. In NO way will that occcur in real life. If that was the case then animals on this planet would've done that. Martains would be more friendly and happy to find that they are not alone in the excat same way we are to them. Remember we are martains, the aliens.

Perhaps they came/come here to explore like we explore space. If they do come down and greet us, we should treat them with respect, Star Wars ("differnt races working together") anyone?

There's nothing to be afraid of. I am saying this because I get tired of people saying "Ahhh they will kill us".

True, but you know that if aliens landed our stupid governments would seize them, lock them up and do experiments and tests and stuff on them. This would upset and scare them causing the rest of the 'aliens' to come back and to retaliate against us and our our governments stupidness and so leaving the rest of us humans screaming "Ahhh they will kill us" :)

As other people have said due to the size of space I find it hard to believe there isn't other life forms out there of some sort, however UFO does not mean aliens it could be anything. We just like to think of aliens whenever the word is mentioned, and I am certainly guilty of this too.

I love it when everyone sees the word UFO and start spouting off about aliens...

UFO means nothing but an unidentified flying object...in no way does it necessarily mean that aliens are flying around.

haha yep, 100% true...

unknown.jpg

:o the truth is now here!! its definatly Falcor coming to save us!!!

True, but you know that if aliens landed our stupid governments would seize them, lock them up and do experiments and tests and stuff on them. This would upset and scare them causing the rest of the 'aliens' to come back and to retaliate against us and our our governments stupidness and so leaving the rest of us humans screaming "Ahhh they will kill us" :)

As other people have said due to the size of space I find it hard to believe there isn't other life forms out there of some sort, however UFO does not mean aliens it could be anything. We just like to think of aliens whenever the word is mentioned, and I am certainly guilty of this too.

Sad but true, you know our Govt's would be the ones to respond violently first!

unknown.jpg

Didn't Peter Griffin crash him into the ground? I figured he'd be done with flying after that...

This is a very interesting subject for me and I hope this is not the last we see of it.

First of all, like others have said, UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. That does not mean that it is an alien ship. However, I guess it could be. It can be two things (in my eyes): an alien ship, or a top-secret project of some country, most likely Russia or China. That's my opinion, feel free to criticize. I can't give you too many reasons for the countries I listed, but until we find out, don't criticize.

Here's the thing: all the people that fear aliens taking over the earth or other ignorant stuff like that is mistaken. Whatever this thing is, it isn't harmful to us. There have been reports of UFO sightings since the early 1900's (maybe even sooner). So don't you think that if this force were harmful, it would have harmed somebody in the last 100 years? Come on...we'd be dead by now. Or at least prisoners on our own planet.

No wonder that there hasn't been alot of concrete evidence that aliens exist. I would be scared as hell to land anywhere on this earth. They fear us for the same reason we fear them. It's just because they're intentions aren't exactly known (but time will show it isn't harm, maybe resource stealing at the worst).

I wish one thing, that the top governments of the world release documents of all UFO files over the years. I know there is evidence. I often wonder what is in top-secret places like Area 51. Is the fiction we saw in Independence Day actually a reality? I wouldn't doubt it.

No wonder that there hasn't been alot of concrete evidence that aliens exist. I would be scared as hell to land anywhere on this earth. They fear us for the same reason we fear them. It's just because they're intentions aren't exactly known (but time will show it isn't harm, maybe resource stealing at the worst).

If aliens are so technically advanced that they are able to visit our planet, why the heck would they fear someone inferior to them. And resource stealing? Come on! The last thing aliens would need is our resources. I absolutely don't see how an intelligent lifeform that has harnessed the ability to travel large distances in short period of time (otherwise they wouldn't be here in the first place) would need our resources. If they have the technology to travel that far, they surely would be able to produce whatever resources they need from basic elements as we are starting to learn to do it ourselves.

Well, As there is no such thing as aliens or life on other planets t

Sorry but the probabilities of life elsewhere in the universe, dont agree.

Well, As there is no such thing as aliens or life on other planets then we can be safe and assume that it's the government being themselves and making big huge plane things.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but I thank Joe Pesci that the scientific community is not religious, we'd be slowed down even more than we currently are as a species if everyone thought like this.

Frankly speaking... It seems to me like a rocket or something like that... Possiblly, can also be another plane flying at a distance... Who knows!!! May be airforce is doing some exercises there or something.... Can also be an optical illusion or a freak reflection of some kind.

BTW... UFOs HA_HA_HA... If u ever find one send them over to my place...