NDS lite problem: Odd start-up sound

A few days ago, for some reason, the start up sound of my DS lite became really high pitched. Not the pleasant startup sound I was used too.

I've had similar problems to this before. But I think that was just no sound, and simply rebooting without the DS cart in fixed it.

This however, with this new problem, it didn't seem to go away by doing anything. It went back to normal after a while.

Anyone else heard of this kinda problem? Anyone know of a fix? It's kinda annoying.

No clue, it sounds like a firmware issue. I noticed there was some harsh calibration issues with my DS Phat. It happened after I decided to change the settings on Metroid Prime Hunters demo. The touchscreen would either not work or be completely uncalibrated and when I did try to calibrate it, it wouldn't hit the points when I touched them.

I got a DS Lite for my birthday and my DS Phat somehow seemed to work by itself shortly after that, all by itself. I turned it on and it worked fine ever since.

I think there are some weird isolated Firmware issues on the DS, although mine was the original European Model, which I'm assuming hadn't been altered whatsoever from the original American Firmware, so it probably has a fair few bugs.

Phone up Nintendo and tell them, they might reflash it./

A few days ago, for some reason, the start up sound of my DS lite became really high pitched. Not the pleasant startup sound I was used too.

I've had similar problems to this before. But I think that was just no sound, and simply rebooting without the DS cart in fixed it.

This however, with this new problem, it didn't seem to go away by doing anything. It went back to normal after a while.

Anyone else heard of this kinda problem? Anyone know of a fix? It's kinda annoying.

Was it your birthday? Or at least the date you have set as your birthday in the settings? ;)

Yeah, it makes a different sound on that day.

Was it your birthday? Or at least the date you have set as your birthday in the settings? ;)

Yeah, it makes a different sound on that day.

Haha! It was my birthday!

I had no diea it did that. That's so awesome :laugh: :happy:.