• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

there is no IE7!! yet..

Question

ian    7

some lamer made a homepage announcing ie7 beta!.. there is no internet explorer 7! don't download it! it's probably a virus or a trojan *sigh*

URL removed

Looks good to me! Internet Explorer 7 is awesome! (the setup.exe downloads all the files (50mb) for u just like in ie5-6)

URL removed

10 answers to this question

Spectre    0

ie7? wow, that was fast ...

i sure hope it has a built-in download manager! the standard one ****es me off and DAP doesn't work with server-side scripted downloads.

ian    7
Originally posted by Spectre

ie7? wow, that was fast ...

i sure hope it has a built-in download manager! the standard one ****es me off and DAP doesn't work with server-side scripted downloads.

erm.. there is NO ie7!! the file you see @ is probably a virus or a trojan! :ermm:

Mikrohard    0

It is a trojan !!! I tested it and my F-secure Anti-Virus says that it's a "Backdoor Irc Flood". Do not download it !!!

EmuZombie    139

yes, it is indeed a trojan, I loaded it up on a Virtual PC, here's what it installs... It even includes a utility to help you unhide it (heh stupid...)

Spectre    0
Originally posted by ian

erm.. there is NO ie7!! the file you see @ is probably a virus or a trojan! :ermm:

i know, i was just thinking "what IF it really was the IE7?"

MulletRobZ    2

Impossible! How could those Micros*it idiots make IE 7 when they just released version 6 in late August! Explain me that one, folks! I can see any company taking a year to go from 6.0 to 6.1, but from 6 to 7 in 3 months? I don't think so! :D

altezza    0

IE7 is not even exist yet! Somebody joking around perhaps?

cheekymonkey    0

I guess this can serve as a warning to newbies and the naive:

If you ain't heard the buzz, if it seems too good to be true, if it ain't on Neowin... then it most certainly is bogus!! ;)

Faction    0

I cant believe you guys actually believed it for a SECOND lol :p

kawai    0

it is far more likely that Office beta will start real soon (early next year) because I just got an Email from MS today that they are surveying what the next office should be like.

-----------------------------------

Dear Office XP Beta Partner:

During the Office XP development process you provided a tremendous service to Microsoft by trying out early builds of Office XP and reporting bugs and issues.

Here's another chance to help make Microsoft Office better and have a chance to win $500! Microsoft is interested in receiving your input as we design upcoming versions of Microsoft Office and related software products. As a previous Microsoft Office Beta user, you have been selected to provide valuable feedback that will help us to continually improve our products.

By participating in a short survey, you will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a grand prize of $500. The winner of this prize will be notified via email approximately 6-8 weeks after completing this survey.

Please visit the following URL or copy it into your Web browser. Once you have done this, you will be asked to participate in a survey that should take approximately 5 minutes to complete:

Thanks again! We look forward to receiving your feedback!

The Microsoft Office Planning Team