Transformers (2007)

I rented this, what a boring movie, talk about over-hype! I wanted to turn it off after the first half-hour, but I thought I'd wait for a 'good part'. It never came. So I turned it off after 45 minutes.

It was so hokey. The dialog was so bad, and there was no character development.

I guess if you don't care about what is happening on-screen and just want to watch the special effects, it would be a good movie.

Like a set of car keys jangling, it's shiny and makes a noise.

this is by far one of the best movies i've sen this year, and it was the first HD-DVD to pop my new toshiba HD-DVD players cherry....the special effects are insane, the robots look lifelike....did you know optimus prime's CG character has over 10,200 actual moving parts in it? thats insane....these characters are said to be the most detailed, complex CG models ever made....i listened to the directors comentary.

Can't wait for Transfomers 2. (yes there will be one according to the director ;))

I rented this, what a boring movie, talk about over-hype! I wanted to turn it off after the first half-hour, but I thought I'd wait for a 'good part'. It never came. So I turned it off after 45 minutes.

It was so hokey. The dialog was so bad, and there was no character development.

I guess if you don't care about what is happening on-screen and just want to watch the special effects, it would be a good movie.

Like a set of car keys jangling, it's shiny and makes a noise.

You've should've known coming into this movie knowing very well there won't be great acting, dialogue or plot (although I think it's ok).

Most love it for the action & CGI. What I got out of it is how far we can push the limit on great special effects.

this is by far one of the best movies i've sen this year, and it was the first HD-DVD to pop my new toshiba HD-DVD players cherry....the special effects are insane, the robots look lifelike....did you know optimus prime's CG character has over 10,200 actual moving parts in it? thats insane....these characters are said to be the most detailed, complex CG models ever made....i listened to the directors comentary.

Can't wait for Transfomers 2. (yes there will be one according to the director ;))

I can't wait for Transformers 2 either! :woot: I'm assuming Transformers 2 will most likely be Blu-Ray exclusive? (I'm been serious, I remember reading how Michael Bay (who is pro Blu-Ray) threatened quit and to not do a sequel just cause the first one was a (timed) HD-DVD exclusive)

I can't wait for Transformers 2 either! :woot: I'm assuming Transformers 2 will most likely be Blu-Ray exclusive? (I'm been serious, I remember reading how Michael Bay (who is pro Blu-Ray) threatened quit and to not do a sequel just cause the first one was a (timed) HD-DVD exclusive)

I hope you aren't right, because that would really suck to have to go buy a new player just to play the sequel. I hope they decide to do it dual format, or maybe a hybrid disk of bluray on one side and HD-DVD on the other.

But you are right, Mr. Bay said that he hates HD-DVD and wishes it had been a blu-ray release...so i guess we'll have to wait and see...but im hoping either HDDVD or a dual release somehow.

• 3 months later...
5/5

nuff said :p

I'm disappointed it took you so long to watch it.

But I will let you off for liking it so much, lol.

Roll on number 2. :D

^^ I'm pretty sure the future is going to be dual format players. That way, everybody wins.

I bet you Blu-Ray wins. :shiftyninja:

:p

• 1 month later...

im watching this right now.....he just said "i think theres a lot more than meets the eye with you"

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*bangs head on desk.

I loved Transformers for the eye candy (aside from Megan Fox ;)). The special effects were what made this movie for me. You had to know the storyline and actors would be cheesy, most of these " I used to watch that as a kid" nostalgia type movies are totally cheesy updated on the big screen. Would I tell anyone to watch Transformers for it's awesome dialogue... not a chance. Would I say to watch it because it has awesome visual effects and reminds me of being a kid again for an hour or so... you had better believe it.

movie was ok. But jesus christ it just had to be that actor, I never liked the way he acts.

Shia Lebouf?

That guy is class, I mean he has been going from strength to strength:

I, Robot -> Constantine -> Transformers -> Indianna Jones.

Admittedly, his roles in Constantine and I, Robot were kinda alike, but I still think he is awesome. Not to mention his TV appearances and other smaller movie roles.

Edited by Antaris