Transformers (2007)

Actually, that long thing you wrote is wrong. Optimus prime did come back, and infact had several toys after his demise, most prominent was "Powermaster Optimus Prime" (http://tfu.info/1988/Autobot/OptimusPrime/optmiusprime.htm) in which a tiny robot attached itself to the grill of the truck, in order to allow him to "Bring out the big guns". After the movie, in the cartoons, Optimus was brought back by Rodimus Prime, in which Optimus used the spark (dont remember exactly why). Optimus only died briefly, not completely as they said.

God damn UK crap waiting times, I think we still have to wait till the end of July. Only this film would I wait for the big screen, not going to watch some cheap pirate copy!

(TF geek mode on) I just want to mention that this is a fan-made history merging a few different stories from different media together, and some of it was made up by the writer to make it all fit. Definately a fun read, but not a definitive "history" of the fiction(s). A definitive history would look like the "pre-Crisis DC multiverse".

saw it, loved it. There was a 30min section of "character development" that was fairly dull (had some good laughs) but besides that it was very good. Just behind 300 as my fav this year.

haha yeah went to an afternoon session. Nice being a +10 timezone sometimes

Right, that's it. You are banned from Neowin.

Radish?

Right, that's it. You are banned from Neowin.

Radish?

Oh yeah, my friend also said that he has never seen so much action before in a movie befor:p :p

Also said it gave him a headache for the amount of raw sensory input he was subjected :laugh:ugh:

Oh yeah, my friend also said that he has never seen so much action before in a movie before. :p

Also said it gave him a headache for the amount of raw sensory input he was subjected to. :laugh:

It's just not funny anymore :cry:

STUPID ****ING AUSTRALIA AND THERE STUPID ****ING SOLD OUT TICKETS arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I AM NOT HAPPY..

Literally just came back from it and just said to my mate simply "WOW!". I am mentally exhausted after watching that movie. Hands down one of the coolest movies I have ever seen.

STUPID ****ING AUSTRALIA AND THERE STUPID ****ING SOLD OUT TICKETS arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I AM NOT HAPPY..

No offense Jase, but that makes me feel better :p

Oh yeah, my friend also said that he has never seen so much action before in a movie before. :p

Also said it gave him a headache for the amount of raw sensory input he was subjected to. :laugh:

haha I think 300 was probably more action oriented but then story wise there was less going on. But yeah the action sequences were really terrific and even the down parts in between were very enjoyable with some genuinely funny moments.

I'm too young to remember this show as a kid but I had been waiting for this movie for over a year and thank god it lived up to it. I think theres moments where you really feel for the robots. Besides 300 its probably one of the best action movies I've seen in years...theres something mesmorising about cars turning into a robot and fighting other cars that really cannot be explained. I think Michael Bay did a good job. I know some people thought hed release some action oriented trash but the off scenes were still good and the action ones were really exciting to watch. It's still not the most thought provocing film but I didnt go in to see that, I went to see giant robots fight and at that it excels.

I just hope they manage to make a sequal. Theres no way they wont have the money to do it so I cant see why it wouldnt happen.

One thing I dont get is why anyone thought taking the cube into the middle of a damn city would be a good idea. I mean look at the damage they did.

And Jase...yeah the cinema was 100% full. Me and my mates got tickets over 2 hours before and then got in the front of the queue 30mins beforehand so we were ok. Some group of 8 showed up about 5mins before the movie started and expected there to be a free row for all of them to sit in. Not a chance. Either they ended up in the very front corner or that had to split up all over the place. Infact I think even couples eventually had to split up to get the odd single seat.

Havent been in a cinema that full personally since I saw episode 2 on the opening night a few years back (I tend to just see movies a few days later).

As for screenings. A mate from work saw it actually a few days ago. Apparently there was a myspace advance screening that you could get into in town and he got a seat. Musta been Mon or Tues he went since he told me about it yesterday. Lucky SOAB.

oh you guys are so lucky.. I was pumped up and ready to get the tickets, when i approched the desk the sign said: Transformers: "FULL"

I was shocked..

and I wonder why I download my movies now... THIS IS WHY...

AUSTRALIAN CINIMAS = DEATH :yes:

btw, still not happy... but I congratulate you: Smigit on being the first Aussie to see it! as for: antaris, I hate you :hmmm:

Arghh..watching this movie this sunday.. reviews pls? My friend watched it yesterday and she said it's like the best movie in 2007, far surpasses Pirates of Carribean 3