Post your Workstations 2007

My test platform:

img0110yj6.jpg

img0113jq8.jpg

Specs (For now, this one is going to change like crazy)

Chassis: Danger Den Torture Rack (For easy hardware swapping on top)

Power Supply: Tagan TurboJet 1100W (This beast can power anything, I swear)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (Took it from my main computer, this one overclocks very nicely)

CPU Cooling: Scythe Andy Samurai Master (Can't use perpendicular airflow, this cooler would be best fit for this situation)

Graphics: Asus Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB (Pretty good card)

Graphics Cooling: Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 + Turbo Module (Huge heatsink for awesome cooling. Added the fans because there's no negative air pressure for natural airflow design so I have to use the fan for the cooler to be effective)

RAM: OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 2x1GB (Micron D9GMH chips)

Motherboard: Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi/AP (It's my favorite, except I just upgraded my main comp to a P5K3-Deluxe with some DDR3 RAM)

Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar 80GB (Ripped it from my 4 year old comp lol)

Optical drive: Liteon 52x CD ROM (Won't need anything else other than installing Windows haha, from Pentium III in 2000)

Main comp upgraded to Asus P5K3-Deluxe and OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 Enhanced Bandwidth Edition 2x1GB @ 1667MHz

img0109jw2.jpg

PICT0065Large.jpg

Here is mine.

BIG things planned, including whole new desk, another rig this time a Quad Intel, currently running a AMD x2 4600 3GB DDR400 with a X1950 Pro HIS which is OC'd to hell back and Hell again.

Monitor is the 204BW which I got for only ?140 new, hifi is a Sony MHC-RG475s with some tweaking by an audio friend of mine prior to me having it.

Hi all, I had various people ask about the P182 and the latest from DJ Prem I thought it would be handy to post the answers here so that others can get help from the answers too :)

1. What is your room temp like?

> Room temp varies, it can be 20 some days and other days it can be almost 30 !

2. What is GFX card do you have?

> Inno3D 8800GTS 320MB

3. What kind of temp is the GFX on?

> The GFX card core runs 69-71 degrees C idle, I have overclocked teh shader clock to 1500mhz from the stock 1200mhz

4. Do leave the GPU fan speed to auto or do you use a utility eg. Riva Tuner to set the speed? If so how much %?

> GPU fan speed is set to auto, it never goes above 50% power on auto which is normal and it's totally silent

5. Any other modifications for cooling?

> No mods but all my fans are at 50% power to keep the system quiet including the Freezer7 Pro on the Q6600 (B3)

6. What kind of temp are in the case eg. case, mobo & cpu?

> See this :) (mobo is an Asus P5KC btw)

7. What setting is used on the case fan, low, med or high?

> Low speed mode which gives off 22dbA of "air" noise, not the whiney fan noise some fans make. Still I would like the Scythe S-Flec fans as they are 15dbA !

8. How much difference in temp did you get compared to your old case, how many degrees?

> The old case was on an Athlon XP system but that system didn't have such demanding hardware either and that system ran at close to 50 degrees idle at stock!

Hope that all helps!

Hi all, I had various people ask about the P182 and the latest from DJ Prem I thought it would be handy to post the answers here so that others can get help from the answers too :)

> Inno3D 8800GTS 320MB

> The GFX card core runs 69-71 degrees C idle, I have overclocked teh shader clock to 1500mhz from the stock 1200mhz

4. Do leave the GPU fan speed to auto or do you use a utility eg. Riva Tuner to set the speed? If so how much %?

> GPU fan speed is set to auto, it never goes above 50% power on auto which is normal and it's totally silent

> No mods but all my fans are at 50% power to keep the system quiet including the Freezer7 Pro on the Q6600 (B3)

> Low speed mode which gives off 22dbA of "air" noise, not the whiney fan noise some fans make. Still I would like the Scythe S-Flec fans as they are 15dbA !

8. How much difference in temp did you get compared to your old case, how many degrees?

> The old case was on an Athlon XP system but that system didn't have such demanding hardware either and that system ran at close to 50 degrees idle at stock!

Hope that all helps!

Isn't that a P180 u got mrk?

PICT3800.jpg

Whole Room

PICT3805.jpg

Laptop/Work Desk

PICT3806.jpg

Under the Work desk, these are my radio mixing consoles

PICT3807.jpg

Computing Area

PICT3808.jpg

The Beast, front

PICT3812.jpg

The Beast, side

PICT3814.jpg

Dual Mousing is the only way to go

PICT3815.jpg

Monitor, I believe its somewhere in the range of 26" - 34", its an LCD TV, been looking for a new high res monitor. This one looks cool at first glance but its at the max resolution now 1360:768

PICT3818.jpg

Original Dell keyboard, I love it, simple, comfortable, the best

PICT3819.jpg

My beautiful Sennheiser headset and the two mice

PICT3824.jpg

To the side of the computer, just a bunch of games and a box of wires and headsets

PICT3826.jpg

Xbox and my surround sound controller from very very long ago, but it pumps out massive sound, there are two speakers in the first shot you can see them all the way on top of the cabinets and there are plants by them

PICT3827.jpg

More headsets and junk, as you can see, another Sennheiser one

PICT3828.jpg

Mice

PICT3829.jpg

TV, about to be replaced

PICT3831.jpg

Sitting on the couch looking forward, our next investment is going to be a 1080p plasma replacing that picture but taking up the entire area between both windows, its going to be tight

And thats my room.

> Inno3D 8800GTS 320MB

Hope that all helps!

Can you tell me one more thing how many RPM do they fans do when they are in low, medium and high?

I just got a new monitor. I use to have four 19" LCDs (two widescreen, two not). So I replaced one of the widescreens with a new 20.1" widescreen monitor I just got and flipped it to landscape mode. I pretty much use it to display news (dedicated), then I use one monitor for browsing, one for chatting/programming, and one for video/music.

Only reason I describe what I use the monitors for is that some people are like "Why do you need all of them?". I don't really need them, but they are nice to have.

1zd3bdj.jpg

117sohx.jpg