[ NFL ] Rookie of the year discussion

I dont want to include a poll because there's so many options, IMO the rookie of the year is Clinton Portis, Denver's RB, the first rookie RB in years to run for more than 1500 yards, what about yours?

,Dec 30 2002, 03:11]I dont want to include a poll because there's so many options, IMO the rookie of the year is Clinton Portis, Denver's RB, the first rookie RB in years to run for more than 1500 yards, what about yours?

i agree with you....but shockey has meant the most for his team and denver did not even make the playoffs

yeah....you can tell i'm from New York

GO GIANTS!!! :woot:

,Dec 30 2002, 03:11]I dont want to include a poll because there's so many options, IMO the rookie of the year is Clinton Portis, Denver's RB, the first rookie RB in years to run for more than 1500 yards, what about yours?

i agree with you....but shockey has meant the most for his team and denver did not even make the playoffs

but with denver today's victory they're in the wildcard, or I'm wrong?

Who means the most for their team isn't necessarily the most important factor for ROTY, that is considered more for MVP..... However I don't watch much football, however I am glad to see sports discussion, it's usually mia around Neowin....

I think this is one of the most interesting years for Rookie of the Year. A good argument can be made for both Portis and Shockey. Personally, i vote for Shockey because i think that he made the greatest impact on his team. Even though i think that reason more realistically belongs in the MVP category, there is no way Shockey will be considered for MVP.

Shockey's presence not only made a great impact on his team, but changed the demeanor of his team. He made them tougher and they adopted his attitude. His engraved his name on the Rookie of the Year award on Saturday. He almost singlehandedly led his team to victory.