HALO 1, 2 and 3 = POO

Guys, I loved the xbox, I love my 360. I am up Microsofts ass right now. So I speak from a bias that could only benefit halo. However, not even my extreme fanboyism can save Halo from me calling it Poo.

I thought Halo 1 was decent to about half way through, I did however persevere and complete it. Halo 2 was however total Poo. And Halo 3 looks like the same formulae repeating itself.

I just really dont get it. Sorry but I dont.

A guy in a shiny robotic like suit, who must save the world from destruction by aliens in shiny robotic like suits.

Ignoring the fact that this thing is way too overdone already. The Halo games always feel like they are made for 10 year olds. I'm a massive fan of sci-fi... I watched Alien on the TV with my dad when I was about 6 and got hooked, I loved Predator and them mad films like Event Horizon etc...

What I do absoloutely deteste is bent **** like Star Trek and anything thats ever been on Sky. And if Halo were a TV show, it would most definitley fall into this category.

Its just pathetic, when you look at the game in depth. It doesn't have any outstanding features. The story and the voice acting is terrible, not even the linear gameplay can help redeem itself even slightly. The start of Halo 2 is almost identical to the start of the original Half Life. (A game which I love.)

Furthermore, every spenghead worldwide is a certified Halo fan with badge and all. Or should I say, every Halo fan worldwide is a certified spenghead with badge and all. Ummm... same thing.

I played through The Darkness the other day... (Best shooter since GOW) and thought it was absoloutely amazing, from start to finish, almost as good as Gears infact. And yet I've seen this game get as low as 7/10 from the same sites that gave Halo 2 10/10 GOTY and all that ****.

What the **** is wrong with people. Microsoft has everybody in their pockets and the gamers are just falling for/fuelling the hype. I mean, look at a Halo 2 screenshot, then look at a Halo 3 screenshot... they are almost identical. The only thing that will be different is there will be a shitload more of linear levels and crappy voice actors for you to waste ?40 on. As for multiplayer it is merely doing what Half-Life did how many years ago on the PC.

Start getting yourself some decent games, I wouldn't even let a child go through the pain of playing Halo, I would much rather him play Grand Theft Auto and learn how to Rob/Extort, at least they are skills that will come in handy during later life.

PLEASE. There are much better things in the pipeline, Bioshock comes to mind.

Wake up people. BUN HALO 3. Buy it, and burn it.

I know. Its kind of inevitable, but as much as people are entitled to like it, I'm entitled not to!

Ohh and might I add thats some impressive kit in your sig!

I'd say the series is neither here or there. It's not the best or greatest fps ever (not even in terms of console ones...golden eye was better as a game) but then its not the worst fps I've played ever. It's not particully deep but it's fun enough for me to run through once or twice...any more and I'd get borred.

One thing Halo has nailed IMHO is the co-op mode. Seriously not enough games nowdays have co-op and that more is incredibly fun. Hell I did the entire Halo 2 that way..I never played it solo. Multiplayer is fairly fun as a light on game.

I totally agree it doesnt deserve 10/10. That said I dont think it's a stinker of a game either. It may not be the smartest sci-fi game out there with the deepest story but for the arcade like gameplay I dont think it needs that sort of backing.

Edit: I also want to commend it on the control aspect. In all honest Halo was one of the first FPS on consoles to nail the control aspect. Again I feel Goldeneye did this a few years earlier but most other console FPS's up to the time were quite hard to get a grips with control wise. The game handles well for a console game...infact probably too well and is partially why the game feels so sluggish when played on a PC.

I'd say Halo series is very overrated but back in the day with consoles Halo did everything right when it came to a FPS for a console. You can clearly see with the PC re-releases that they're overrated because there are so many FPS's for PC which do the Halo thing better.

What i don't agree with you on is the story, i think Halo's story is very good and interesting just a shame they finished Halo 2 with such a bad ending because they knew full well that we wouldn't see another Halo for years.

I agree with Smigit on the co-op aspect of Halo, it has been the best coop experience for ages, the only games i've played that were better are Sven Co-op and Gears of War. I've always been a huge fan of co-op games and finally we're finally seeing developers implementing co-op.

All in all i think the Halo series is overrated but for a console FPS game it certainly ticks the right boxes. If Halo was released on PC like it was supposed to be originally, i don't we'd be having this discussion today because the series would've been canned long ago.

My opinion of Halo (although because I have a PS3 tag in my sig 95% of xbox fans will ignore me).

Halo: CE was a very good game for it's time, playing the story with friends was a lot of fun but some of the maps were a little repetitive. I probably had the most fun with Halo playing it online using services like Xbox Connect and Game Spy Tunnel. These ways to play online were out before Xbox Live even launched and I had a blast.

I had Halo 2 pre-ordered and picked it up at the midnight launch, first thing I did when I got home was beat story mode on heroic, played online for a month or two but I always seemed to get high and higher rank and then I'd start getting paired with people that were either a) way too good probably did nothing but play halo or b) glitching, moding, bridging. So I went and beat the game on legendary, this time it seemed really short, I probably beat halo:CE's story 7-8 times when after twice with Halo 2 I didn't really feel the need to beat it again, maybe it was just me though. For a while Halo 2 collected dust then they apparently patched things I played again and I was just bored with it. I had much more fun playing SOCOM: II on ps2, I found it's online play much less repetitive.

Halo 3, now I don't own a 360 yet so I probably won't buy this game right away, I will play it at friends but I'm not really falling for any of the hype, I still do want to check it out but a lot of people I know are all "OMG HALO3 IS GOING TO BE THE BEST FPS EVER!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!" I don't feel that way at all.

In the end I think Halo is a good game series but I think in general it is overrated.

I'm actually suprised at your replies. I thought I would be flamed off. You have all made very good points... except acies and duntkno... you guys never really made any argument as to why this game isn't poo.

to me halo always felt very repetitive, you always killed the same enemies over and over and over and over

I have to agree somewhat.

I recently got into Xbox gaming about 2 weeks ago, and one of my first purchases was Halo 2... it's not that good of a game. Too me, Halo 2 seems a bit average.

Halo I played on the PC and I didn't get on well with that, though it was a console game ported to PC so something may have been lost in translation.

Mind you, the story seems alright, though as said, it's something off Star Trek. But it kinda works on gaming.

hmm you might as well asked for a flame war...

And he has my total support in the upcoming mayhem

I cant see anything wrong with that picture, its a crap picture, but there isnt actually anything WRONG about it lol

IMHO, Halo 1 was VERY repetitive and only playable more then once on a PC with a trainer. Halo 2 just plain sucked and Halo 3, well, as I have not played it I will not comment.

hes neither wrong nor right, its just his opinion. thats it.

as for my opinion? Halo as a series is overrated. The story is cliche and the gameplay is repetitive. but u know what? who cares? As long as im having a good time online with friends, ill be there to "Finish the fight" ;)

Dont get the hype, found Halo 1 and 2 to be so so even for a console shooter. Personally its only real claim to fame is being the first big online console FPS in my books.

However this was all done years ago via the Dreamcast and Quake 3 so even thats a bit on the iffy side. However from what Ive seen and heard the 3rd iteration of the game does pack some punches which should see it become a rather meaty wee frag fest.

However before all the bashin begins I will say this. Halo is MS` No.1 Brand in console gaming and sells well. It doesnt really have to cover any new ground etc just be something a mass audience wll enjoy.

Example being... Mario comes out on the Nes, then Sonic on the Mastersystem. Theres no nw ground there yet even tho Sonic was for all intents and purpose a Marion clone its now one of the most successfull gaming brands ever.

Just like Halo aint nothing new compared to the horde of pc/console FPS games that have come and gone over the years.

Halo 1 was a fantastic Xbox game (the PC version sucked). It was a console game done right. Halo 2 was a mistake. It felt like it was designed by the marketing department instead of the original Halo team. They tried to make it accessible to a wider audience and completely ruined it. They didn't even have a ****ing ending.

I certainly hope they regain the feel of the original game, otherwise, Halo 3 will be a huge disaster.

I cant see anything wrong with that picture, its a crap picture, but there isnt actually anything WRONG about it lol

The pictures download limit has exceeded! :(

I'm not really a sci-fi FPS fan, so I never liked Halo (or Quake or UT). I played Halo on Xbox for a little while, but I just got so bored out my mind...but perhaps part of this was because of the horrific controller.

Anyways, yes I am in a biased position etc etc but i think you're right - there's nothing revolutionary about Halo 3.