HALO 1, 2 and 3 = POO

Oh man, you just dissed GORDON FREAKIN FREEMAN...you are in troubleeeeeeee now.

Aww, you removed it?! I thought it was pretty funny.

Oh man, you just dissed GORDON FREAKIN FREEMAN...you are in troubleeeeeeee now.

Aww, you removed it?! I thought it was pretty funny.

For everybody that missed it. :p It was gonna be part of my original post, but I decided against it.

post-17580-1183653693.jpg

Not my actual opinion. Halo is just an enjoyable game for me. I like the story and I like the gameplay. I know, that's my opinion. I can't grasp why people love Metal Gear Solid so much, and that's also my opinion. I won't chastise somebody for liking a game (unless it really is a crap game).

I don't why people are taking it so seriously. If you like something, play it and enjoy it. :s

Nobody said it doesn't have faults.

And I didnt said it was totally bad. But hey! I am not the one who is acting all defensive.

But he is a nerd :p

I know. :p This is all me just having fun with Skitch. I enjoyed every minute of calling him a nerd. :laugh:

Please realize there were like 12 Ninja Gaidens before the XBox versions.

Yes and I have played them :/ wtf?

And I didnt said it was totally bad. But hey! I am not the one who is acting all defensive.

I'm not defensive at all. I couldn't give a stuff what games people like or don't :p

LOl on the whole poo thing. you love poo lol anyways halo to me is pants, overrated. rather play the first DOOM! :D

I'm not defensive at all. I couldn't give a stuff what games people like or don't :p

Chill man, I wasnt talking about you, but about Samboini.

LOl on the whole poo thing. you love poo lol anyways halo to me is pants, overrated. rather play the first DOOM! :D

I really didn't understand that post very well, but...

post-17580-1183654884.jpg

Okay, I'll stop. :p

Elliott wins this thread.

To the OP: I disagree. I think the hype is deserved- if not for the game itself, for the massive community aspect. Halo isn't just a game anymore, what with ARGs and comics and novels. It's sort of a thing that if you want, you can dig really deep into and get a whole lot out of.

The games themselves, being overrated? Certainly are. Halo: CE was fantastic for its time. Halo 2, not so much. Halo 3 is still up in the air. The 10/10s that websites constantly handed out when the second came out were entirely undeserved- and sent out a terrible message to the rest of the industry, quite frankly.

Good comeback. So we should all just clap and eat what they throw at us.

Just because some people like it then its devoid of faults and those, dumb enough, to have complaints should just shut up. I got it? Right, and I suppose you outskill everything you dislike. Otherwise you are just an hypocrite trying to justify what do you like.

No, quite the contrary, but you have a very pessimistic view of the world if that is all you can focus on. Yes it may be a re-hash of older, less public intellectual property but they are well within their rights to re-release it as they see fit. Of course the game, as with near everything, has its faults and I never said it didn't, but you need to take a pinch of salt with everything you view.

Further, I fail to see how I am a hypocrite. I take things as they come, regardless of whether it is new material or not; I judge everything by its own merit.

Just out curiosity (I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything), but would you say Resistance, or even Killzone was (revolutionary)? I'm not exactly a massive Halo fan, I do think it's a good series and will buy Halo 3, however, I think I prefer the HL2 series, I just love that game.

Frankly, there are very few games nowadays that really are, since it's all been done before.

Nope, Resistance certainly is not revolutionary. However, given that it was a launch title, it's bloody impressive. 40-player FREE online?! You have to admit that's impressive.

Killzone...well we don't know much about that yet.

I'm with the overrated crowd. Just like the rest of Bungies games (*wave Oni*). Looked nice, good controls, good graphics, average content.

How they ran though the testing and didn't think: " These ships are devoid of any details." is beyond me. They now have the technical capability to go beyond what Half Life 2 did (Physics, good interesting story, characters which aren't 2D, fantastic environment which felt alive and satisfying weapons.)

But no. They'll stick in the stone ages, make a great MP game and leave the story more shallow than a Hollywood blockbuster action movie.

Elliott wins this thread.

Thank you. :p

How is the story shallow? It's quite immersive to me.

That's what I think too. :huh:

40-player FREE online?! You have to admit that's impressive.

Agree'd but was achieved long before RFOM, with W:ET (which was only 32 max) but a hell of a lot more fun :p

That's what I think too. :huh:

Half Life 1 or 2, System Shock 1 or 2, Grim Fandango, Warcraft (all of em again), The Elder Scrolls or more recently GTA Vice City and SA all have brilliant story lines.

Halo has faceless hero, who is an excellent warrior of course, goes off to save the world. BUT OH NOES, insert obvious plot twist here and has to go against an alien race to stop them destroying everything. For the interests of pace this is spread across loads of worlds all with different coloured textured floors and a few trees.

Agree'd but was achieved long before RFOM, with W:ET (which was only 32 max) but a hell of a lot more fun :p

Lol true but obviously I was comparing console games and specifically that you have to pay for Xbox Live, yet games on 360 (including Halo 3) don't support that many players.

Lol true but obviously I was comparing console games and specifically that you have to pay for Xbox Live, yet games on 360 (including Halo 3) don't support that many players.

There's a reason to that, and it's not hardware related. Your general BB connection isn't up for the job of sending and receiving packets from 40 consoles.

Why do you think PC owners rent servers? :)

edit: What the hell is a package?

Edited by Spookie

Gotcha :p

I hope they drop the price of Gold. You can buy it online for ?30 which is pretty good, but free is always welcome:DD

Does PSN used dedicated servers? I forget..

Edit: Damn, Spookie beat me to my next point:pp

Halo has faceless hero, who is an excellent warrior of course, goes off to save the world. BUT OH NOES, insert obvious plot twist here and has to go against an alien race to stop them destroying everything. For the interests of pace this is spread across loads of worlds all with different coloured textured floors and a few trees.

If you are into comics etc. then Halo possesses (sp?!) some really good backstories and is a lot more in depth than you would initially think.

I'm actually suprised at your replies. I thought I would be flamed off. You have all made very good points... except acies and duntkno... you guys never really made any argument as to why this game isn't poo.

It's not Poo because it's actually fun to play!! And I am certainly no Halo nut.

I mean... what do you want from Halo?? What did you expect it to give you??

Sit down and play splitscreen/system link with a bunch of friends. It's just so much fun.

And quit saying it's overrated...

Calling things overrated is getting very annoying. It's like the new fad...