• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Blu-ray movies : PS3 or Sony BDPS300 ?

TruckWEB    480

Okay, so what would you buy? I want to watch Blu-Ray movies and I have a choice of a 699$ (in canada) Sony Playstation3 that can also play games(!!) and the new Sony BDPS300 player at 589$. Both require me to buy HDMI cable.

I already have a Xbox360+HD-DVD drive. I'm not a huge gamer but sometime it's fun to play.

So, what would you do? What is the best deal and the better player? Is the PS3 limited in anyway when playing BR movie?

Thanks!

Neo Razgriz    0

I'm in Australia and have a PS3 which I use to play BRs. From my experience it is not limited in any way as far as playback goes. Ironicly, it seems to be the cheapest BR player available, at least out here.

You may also want to play games somewhere in the future, so go with the PS3 mate. ;)

bangbang023    31

At the moment, I'd go with the Ps3 also. The BDPs300 is nice, but there's nothing extraordinary about it. It's basically the BDP-s1 with CD playback and a smaller form factor.

SnowRanger13    27

Well PS3 can easily get updates so it can always add more and more feature to video playback so I would go with that.

gunnerhkjp    0

I'm sure you also get updates for BDPS300, but I'll go with the ps3.

You get a blu-ray player and a game console heavily subsidised by Sony :laugh:

TruckWEB    480

Well, something just made the decision more no-brainer.... The PS3 is now 549$ here! It's 40$ less than the stand-alone Sony BDPS300 !!!

I just love price drop like that...! The PS3 is now the same price as the Xbox 360 Elite.