Microsoft to Spend $1 Billion to Fix Defective Xbox 360s

ok guys, I was away for a couple of days and that's why I wasn't around when the news hit the web. anyways, it's good to see people didn't called my name or bitch at me while I was away... :p

now, before you guys start asking me questions there's one thing you should know; we're not allowed to make any public comments regarding this matter until we're notified to do so. :blush:

good news is that this year E3 is going to rock. muahahahahaaaa!!! :devil:

stifler i thought we said we're not gonna go around in circles? and here you are trying to insult me. AND this coming from someone who still lives in a dorm room...

Uh, you're referring to a post I made on the 6th of July in this thread. I made the post about not wanting to go around in circles on the 7th of July in the thread "Another one bites the dust"

And I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, the bit about the dorm room. That really has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Thanks for being mature, though :rolleyes:

-Spenser

so it's not ok to talk around in circles on that thread but discussing exactly the same topic it's ok to talk in circles on another thread? plus lamely trying to press someone's buttons and be insulting? i guess that's what passes for mature among nineteen year olds these days.

hey drop me a line when you graduate from KY and rooming with guys.

now you know what i meant!

@ neo I am not even sure if you read what he said. He made the comment about going in circles in another thread after he made the comment you were questioning here. So indeed not wanting to go in circles would have applied here since it was made after this statement.

Seriously, everyone just cool it.

If you have not noticed, I have just refrained from posting in any of these threads anymore.

Not because I had nothing to say, I actually had plenty to say and wanted to defend my stance and the fact I was attacked in several threads this past week, I just let it go because it truly was not worth it.

I suggest you all do the same, and now.

@ neo I am not even sure if you read what he said. He made the comment about going in circles in another thread after he made the comment you were questioning here. So indeed not wanting to go in circles would have applied here since it was made after this statement.

Seriously, everyone just cool it.

If you have not noticed, I have just refrained from posting in any of these threads anymore.

Not because I had nothing to say, I actually had plenty to say and wanted to defend my stance and the fact I was attacked in several threads this past week, I just let it go because it truly was not worth it.

I suggest you all do the same, and now.

Well, for what it's worth, I agree 100% with what you said.

doesn't change the fact he was attacking me out of the blue for no reason. why should i take that from him? instead of supporting fellow posters these people want to make themselves feel big by offending others. that's obviously not right.

you're saying this pseudo-bullying should keep us from posting and expressing our opinions? something terribly wrong with this place if that's the case.

Its "in a way" understandable that you will be picked upon if you criticise MS in a MS console forum.

Same goes to Nintendo or Sony forum. Its almost like religion.

Well, for what it's worth, I agree 100% with what you said.

Me too.

doesn't change the fact he was attacking me out of the blue for no reason. why should i take that from him? instead of supporting fellow posters these people want to make themselves feel big by offending others. that's obviously not right.

you're saying this pseudo-bullying should keep us from posting and expressing our opinions? something terribly wrong with this place if that's the case.

I don't think he was attacking you. I think you were attacking him for no apparent reason. In any case, I'm glad Microsoft is taking this initiative. That, and the extra warranty is a plus.

good news is that this year E3 is going to rock. muahahahahaaaa!!! :devil:

Its always reassuring to know that Spartan will never be overtly foward about anything. :p

gunner the only problem with your logic is that i am more of an MS loyalist than most of these people between the two games a month, live purchases and arcade downloads. and at least i'm proud enough of the scene to put up my gamercard for all to see.

gunner the only problem with your logic is that i am more of an MS loyalist than most of these people between the two games a month, live purchases and arcade downloads. and at least i'm proud enough of the scene to put up my gamercard for all to see.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you are not a loyalist.

I'm just saying that if you make a negative comment on MS or the 360 in a forum filled with devotees, you are likely to get a jab or two.

For no reason? You've been ranting on and on about MS for days. I'm giving my opinion, and apparently you don't think that's right, but you think you should be able to state your opinion. Something is wrong with that.

Larry was right, I was just pointing out the fact that I made the 'going in circles' post after (a whole day after) I made the post you are referring to in this thread, and thus the cirlces post would've covered the one in here. I'm sorry if you didn't see the one in here until today, but that's your problem, not mine, and doesn't change when I made the posts.

I wasn't trying to insult you, but before this whole debacle you were far more mature. I still don't understand what the difference between being in college and being done with college has to do with this discussion. I feel like you're trying to make an insult out of something that's not insulting. Keep at it, you might get there someday.

TBH, I had backed off this topic after the post about 'going in circles', just like I said I would in that post. I would've stayed away if you wouldn't have come in here and reply to a post I made 3 days ago. But I'm going to take my own advice from 2 days ago and back off again.

-Spenser

Ok guys time to put an end to all this nonsense.

I?d read all the comments on this thread and I respect everyone?s opinion regarding this matter and I really appreciate the words of support but to be honest what's going on here is no ones fault but us. Yes, us! We f*ck it up big time, it wasn?t on purpose but in the end we most stand by our products and that?s what we?re doing here. We?re humans and we?re bound to make mistakes especially when you have to deal with something as complex like everything that goes into the lifecycle of a product like the 360.

I?m not trying to find way to give an excuse but to give guys an apology, this kind of situations are not supposed to happen but when they do you just can?t run and try to hide your head under the sand. This is really hard for all of us; we?d put our hearths and souls into everything we do with the sole purpose to give you something to escape from the daily routine, something you can share with your friends and family, that ?something? you can relate to fun and good times and we?re really proud of the job we?d done so far. That?s why I?m asking you to please stop arguing about this matter, instead of creating division we most rather be the catalyst to create a union, a community? a family.

If you want to bitch and vent your rage on someone let it be upon us, not your fellow community members. At this point we?d heard every possible insult you can imagine in every language on earth; listen to them over and over won?t change the facts. Please, go back to your games and have fun; put your free time time to good use and don?t waste it getting annoyed or distracted by fighting a lost cause on a board.

Rest assured we?re doing our best to bring you the best of the digital world to your living rooms; i:)??s our commitment, it?s our passion! :)

well he obviously works for them, and truth be told I see spartan post just the news and less comments nowadays.

I doubt they pay him to be on neowin, he just happens to chill here.

Rest assured we're doing our best to bring you the best of the digital world to your living rooms; it's our commitment, it's our passion! :)

errr... :p

post-62693-1184096328.jpg

it?s our commitment, it?s our passion:); :)

this is blasphemy! this is madness! THIS IS SPARTA!

haha sorry, that part just reminded me of :laugh:ugh:

yes spenser i also recalled you as more mature from quite a few previous posts across several of the forums, so imagine my disappointment. i start the thread after my 360 died, and right from the get go, not a word of support or an ounce of sympathy from you. instead, your first post there had this whole "what the hell are you talking about" attitude. adding insult to injury, you brought out the "get a life" routine, which is doubly insulting coz you yourself are spending time on a gaming forum.

and i don't distinguish between diff threads in this context. if you insult me in one the insult doesn't vanish suddenly in another.

sure we can all have our opinions but yours was phrased all too personally. why the hell do you care if i bitch and moan about MS, what are you family or something? how does my complaining bother you at all? it's not personal. your comments were.

but you're perfectly right in saying it's better to let it go. thanks to a few of these altercations i'm really soured on neowin. i wish you all the best either way.

gotta thank Spartan for writing those things. sounds like they came from the heart. wish more of the stuff coming from MS would be so honest and forthcoming. like Spartan said, if this is supposed to be a family and a console experience never before seen, it's time for it to act the part.