Text added to Post screens

It would seem that something like this is needed so I added the following text to add/edit/reply post screens:

Please Note: Neowin reserves the right to edit or delete posts where deemed necessary. Please abide by our rules and give thought to your post to ensure the top quality contributions you expect to receive from the community.

For clarity we show zero tolerance for spam, advertising, useless and off topic posts, raising post count, warez (links) & cracks and aiding this; requests or posts that discuss circumvention of protection mechanisms, racism, threatening (citing), victimization or hateful posts.

I tried to keep it short and simple and I hope this helps both Neowin and our mods :)

Comments welcome.

no need for a javascript back in that window though cuz it gets opened with a target="_blank"

wanna remove that or make it not spawn a blank window? ;)

nein! the reason I did target=_blank is so that the user can have both windows open (post edit + rules) I thought about not having a new window but decided it might be better to have a new window.

Also the rules text is weird I'll have to ask Timdorer if chimera also does that because its supposed to align to the parent tables (like it does in IE)

Chimera uses the same rendering engine as Mozilla (Gecko), so it should be the same way. Besides, I'm on vacation AWAY from my mac right now :D

a member of staff on vacation?

:shouts: quick boys you know what to do muhahahha

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

An oldy but a goody. I fixed the moz layout issues with the rules above the posting sections. It was actually some incompliant code, so IE handled it wrong, but in the way we wanted :D

An oldy but a goody. I fixed the moz layout issues with the rules above the posting sections. It was actually some incompliant code, so IE handled it wrong, but in the way we wanted :D

you da man. ie is a ###### by the way. you can slip it any code almost and it will work with it. $.10 ###### it is. :laugh: