FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Arsenal
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester United
    • Newcastle United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the FA Premier League 2007/08 (select 3)?

• Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Derby County
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Middlesbrough
    • Reading
    • Sunderland
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the FA Premier League 2007/08?

• Benni McCarthy
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Fernando Torres
    • Michael Owen
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has been banned for an extra two games and fined ?15,000 by the Football Association.

Mascherano was charged by the FA after he was sent off for receiving two yellow cards in the first half of Liverpool's 3-0 defeat to Manchester United last month.

The Argentine had to be restrained by his team-mates, manager Rafa Benitez and members of the Liverpool back-room staff after being shown a second yellow card for questioning referee Steve Bennett's decision to book team-mate Fernando Torres.

Mascherano admitted the charge of improper conduct and at Thursday's hearing he has been hit by a further two-match ban and fine.

Mascherano has already served a one-match ban for his sending off at Old Trafford after missing last weekend's win over Everton in the Merseyside derby.

Charge

A statement from The FA read: "At a Disciplinary Commission hearing today, Liverpool's Javier Mascherano was fined ?15,000 and given an additional two match suspension.

"Mascherano admitted a charge of improper conduct in relation to his behaviour after being sent off during Liverpool's match against Manchester United on Sunday 23 March.

"He has already served a one match ban for the sending-off. The additional suspension will come into force with immediate effect."

It means Mascherano will miss the upcoming Premier League games against Arsenal this weekend and at home to Blackburn on 13th April.

I presume this means Adebayor will be receiving a longer ban? Ashley Cole? John Terry? Will it crap, the stupid corrupt F:rolleyes:s: .

two games, that is stupid... well maybe not, maybe pennant will play (please not the israeli.... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE GOD not him...)

KK is turning around the Toons fortunes once again.

Yeah was impressed with the win yesterday they look to be back to their best.

Looks like Manchester United will be lifting the title..

Well Chelsea are only 3 points behind so it can easily go to Chelsea.

Fernando Torres...28 goals this season :blink:

torres always plays almost every game, rafa is an idiot and has hard on for under acheiving players... i bet if you could find out, crouch prolly has a better goal/time ratio then torres (don't get me wrong, fernando is a better player and i love him)

Looks like Manchester United will be lifting the title..

United still have to go to Stamford Bridge AND play Arsenal at Old Trafford, the title is anything but decided. All 3 teams (Arsenal have a glimmer of hope) still stand a chance.

torres always plays almost every game, rafa is an idiot and has hard on for under acheiving players... i bet if you could find out, crouch prolly has a better goal/time ratio then torres (don't get me wrong, fernando is a better player and i love him)

You were moaning earlier in the thread that Torres should play more! I highly doubt Crouch would have 28 goals this season if he played every game, I mean the last player to score 20 league goals for us was Robbie Fowler 12 years ago, and Torres has 21 so far with six games remaining.

To be honest, I think you just want to complain about nothing. Our system with Torres is working, we are winning games, so just support the team rajput, we have a MASSIVE game on Tuesday!

We won't be playing with one striker up front forever, so Crouch will get his chance and I believe he is close to signing a new contract anyway which is great (because I do actually love the guy as well).

Eriksson welcomes Ronaldinho link

Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson would love owner Thaksin Shinawatra to buy Brazil and Barcelona playmaker Ronaldinho.

The 28-year-old is said to be unhappy at Barca and could leave in the summer.

His brother and representative Roberto De Assis were entertained by Manchester City directors on Saturday and they hope to tempt the forward to the club.

"It was the first time I had heard such a thing, so I really hope it is true," said Eriksson.

"We would be able to find a place in our team for him, I can guarantee that.

"I will phone the owners. It was a surprise but if they want to package Ronaldinho for me I would accept him and be very happy."

Ronaldinho, who has had an inconsistent season, is currently injured and is set to miss the remainder of Barcelona's campaign.

AC Milan and Chelsea have also been linked to the Brazilian.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7334550.stm

crouch scored... in your face rafa

Good going Crouch but he is planning to leave.

KK is turning around the Toons fortunes once again.

A little too late though!

Well Chelsea are only 3 points behind so it can easily go to Chelsea.

Yes. Arsenal can beat Man Utd and Chelsea can beat Man Utd... that means Chelsea will be ahead by 3 points (assuming they win there other matches)

United still have to go to Stamford Bridge AND play Arsenal at Old Trafford, the title is anything but decided. All 3 teams (Arsenal have a glimmer of hope) still stand a chance.

Yes... Thanks to Middelsborough... Arsenal are still very much in it!

Yeah... I think he would fit right in and would make the premier league even more exciting!

Spanish reports claim Real Madrid have decided to offer Manchester United a world-record ?100million for Cristiano Ronaldo.

It is believed Real told United last summer they would pay up to 120million euros for the Portuguese star.

The Red Devils made it quite clear they had no plans to sell Ronaldo - but the wonderful form of player, which has seen him score nearly 40 goals this season, will prompt a new bid.

Real have made little secret of their desire to lure Ronaldo to the Spanish capital and now La Sexta is claiming that an incredible ?100million bid is imminent.

La Sexta - who have the rights to La Liga television coverage in Spain, are said to have close ties with high-ranking Real officials, from where the news on the possible bid have emanated.

However, it is also being reported that despite the huge bid, Real are not expecting United to accept the deal.

The current world record for a footballer is already held by Real, after they ?46million to Juventus for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

Recent speculation intensified after it was reported in Spain that Real's sporting director Predrag Mijatovic met with Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes in London and Rome in recent weeks.

Crazy!

Mental.

I remember when Madrid signed Beckham, they asked Man Utd how much they wanted for him, and they said something like ~?23 million. Madrid offered that, and then afterwards they said they were willing to offer Man Utd up to 125 million Euro's. Mad!

Obviously this will seem crazier to older people who are used to lower transfer fees, but I remember when I was 10 and Chris Sutton went from Norwich to Blackburn in '94 for a English record of ?5mil, lol.

The thing with Madrid is that it will be like only ?15 million now. With us getting more money if they win the League/Cup/Champions League/how many goals he scores etc etc. Plus, merchandise money, which is where most of the cash will come from.

He won't even want to go if we win the Champions League, as we will be the best team in the world.

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has written to the club's chief executive Rick Parry calling for him to resign.

Hicks is thought to feel that Parry is siding with co-owner George Gillett in the club's ongoing power struggle.

The latest twist comes on the day Dubai International Capital said it will wait for the saga to be resolved before pursuing its interest in the club.

BBC Sport understands Parry is highly unlikely to resign and that Hicks lacks boardroom support for his shock move.

With the club ownership split 50-50 between the two Americans, Hicks would need approval from Gillett to force Parry out of his position.

But in a brief statement, Parry, who has yet to see the three-page letter, said: "It is my intention to remain focused on the job of serving Liverpool Football Club to the best of my abilities at this very important time of our season."

DIC is said to be unwilling to do business while there is so much turmoil at the club.

"You have two partners who do not see eye to eye. And we decided that we pull out completely. Let them sort out their problems," DIC chief executive Sameer Al Ansari told Arabian Business Magazine.

Luka Modric admits he is flattered at claims that Liverpool have made a move to sign him.

It was reported in England that Tottenham had made moves to try and land the highly-rated midfielder - who has also attracted attention from Chelsea, Arsenal and Barcelona in recent months.

But the Croat media, says it is not Tottenham, but Liverpool who have made a firm offer for the 22-year-old.

Modric will almost certainly depart Dinamo Zagreb in the summer and the battle to sign him is firmly on, with Liverpool reported to be heading the queue.

Dinamo want around ?18million for their prized asset, who is rated as one of the most impressive young midfielders in world football.

At just 22 - Modric is already a lynch-pin of the Croatian national side who comfortably dispatched of England in qualifying for Euro 2008.

Flattered

Modric has now admitted that he is delighted that Liverpool could be interested in signing him.

"I don't wish to discuss possible transfers, but if Liverpool really want me, then this is fantastic and I am truly honoured," he told Vecernji list.

"I watched the Champions League quarter-finals and the way they crushed Arsenal. Only the greatest and the best can play such a match against strong Arsenal">

I like him:pp!

Another win, and goal number 30 of the season for Torres :D

Is it just me, or does anyone else here feel that Arsenal is gonna get whipped today?

Most likely, but I hope not! Come on Arsenal!