• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Martyn    5

Big loss for Arsenal. Although, they cannot really complain as they did the same to Marseille when they got him a few years ago.

NightCrawler.    8

I agree, this is a massive loss, I can't think of many players available or even un-available that will do the same job as he done as well as he did.

Crazysah    7
I agree, this is a massive loss, I can't think of many players available or even un-available that will do the same job as he done as well as he did.

Yes. I can't think of anyone but I am sure Wenger will find someone. He is said to offload around 3 more players and then buy atleast 2. I am sure he will buy the right people whether they are young or not.

Damo R.    29,658

OH MY GOD Boro 8 - 1 Man City :|

Congrats Man Utd I think thats their 17th closing on Liverpool!

ynnoj    23

Fulham survived, amazing!

Martyn    5

Before today, the most goals 'Boro had scored in a match this season (in the league at least) was 2! Today they got 8! Amazing!

limok    61

we're champions again but kudos to 'boro. I think city may have been on their backfoot because of the stupid owner sacking eriksson

Kev1n    1

He is not irreplaceable as say, Fabregas or Clichy or Sagna. Flamini's main strength is that he has a very high workrate. I'm sure Wenger will come up with something.

rajputwarrior    280

chelsea choked, which was pretty funny, but it didn't matter cause man u won anyway...

HilariousNinja    6

Absolutely brilliant, the cheers coming from our house could be heard in China! Brilliant that Giggs is the player to get the goal to ease the nerves and ultimately the winning goal. Lets hope they do it again in Moscow.

leesmithg    226

The Brits thought Yank Malcolm Glazer was crazy when he paid $1.5 billion for Manchester United in 2005. We then valued the club at $1.25 billion. Today, we peg Man U's worth at $1.8 billion, making it the top dog in our latest annual ranking of the world's most valuable soccer teams.

No, a bank underwrote the purchase of Manchester United.

Once the Americans get bored with ''sorcah'', they will be off and Old Trafford, Anfield, Villa Park will become chav housing estates.

Martyn    5

I'll have you know Sir that there are no chavs in Liverpool, just Scallies :p

Crazysah    7
He is not irreplaceable as say, Fabregas or Clichy or Sagna. Flamini's main strength is that he has a very high workrate. I'm sure Wenger will come up with something.

Yes. Totally. I heard Wenger is going to give the guy who was on loan to Osasuna a first team chance. Also... he is buying some 17/18 year old for like 10M pounds from some lower league? So I am sure he can come up with something!

Damo R.    29,658

When do we decide to unpin this thread?

Crazysah    7

About now?

ynnoj    23

Avram Grant has been sacked, just saw it on BBC News 24.

I'll post the article when it's available.

Damo R.    29,658
Avram Grant has been sacked, just saw it on BBC News 24.

I'll post the article when it's available.

Wow I think we all knew it was coming to be honest.

Rikjard now will join.

Martyn    5

No pressure on his replacement then, besides HAVING to win the league and Champions League next season!

I don't think Grant did a bad job all in all. He inherited a great squad, but it was not his squad, and he took them to within two points of the title and to within John Terry slipping arse over ###### to win the Champions League.

It will be between Hiddink, Rijkaard and Sven

ynnoj    23
No pressure on his replacement then, besides HAVING to win the league and Champions League next season!

I don't think Grant did a bad job all in all. He inherited a great squad, but it was not his squad, and he took them to within two points of the title and to within John Terry slipping arse over ###### to win the Champions League.

Agreed, a very harsh decision.

But we all know Chelsea are a business, not a football club. Abramovich demands results.

Shibby    1

Meh Chelsea will fail again over the next two seasons. Avram was here at pompey, but went to Chelsea to join up with Jose.

Hey you never know, Avram might still get a job as manager over here!

Martyn    5
Meh Chelsea will fail again over the next two seasons. Avram was here at pompey, but went to Chelsea to join up with Jose.

Hey you never know, Avram might still get a job as manager over here!

I hope so, he doesn't exactly seem a bad fella.

He will probably go "upstairs" at Chelsea though.

sundayx    127

Any chance to bring Mourhino back?

Damo R.    29,658
Any chance to bring Mourhino back?

Doubt it it will either be Hiddink or Rikjard.