• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

FA Premier League Thread

FA Premier League 2007/08  

333 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Damo R.    29,658

I predict Birmingham 2-1 West Ham...sad to say it but I still think we are not fully settled.

Shibby    1

Neobond is close. It's 2-1 half time. Pompey about to kick of second half.

Shibby    1

Full time Pompey 3 - 1 Bolton

WEEEEEEEEEEE, We had goals from Kanu, Utaka (ran from the halfway line) and a Taylor pen

t0lerence    0

Damn, it that 3 consecutive defeats for Bolten now?

Looks like Sammy is going to be the first manager to go this season!

Come on the Red Men tomorrow! Hopefully we have a good game and grab a couple goals (Torres and Gerrard)!

Damo R.    29,658

1-0 West Ham Penalty but a dubious one but they all count.

PRSBOY    0

come on spurs! 4-0 :D

Damo R.    29,658

Won 1-0 :)

I am happy about that result but we do need to improve futher imo...

Damo R.    29,658

Man Utd lost today...its not a good start for them at all and Sven Gravy Train continues to roll through the premiership

UKDarkJedi    21

Man U are gonna get relegated at this rate, and I can only hope they keep it up :D

sharpy2k4    10

refereeing standards seemed to have dropped this year then? trying to figure out how that was a penalty, also the referee on wednesday for wigan vs boro' that was a bit of an abysmal referee.

what is mr stiles doing?! he cant officiate a match to save his life,

Edited by sharpy2k4

Martyn    5

It is a shame swearing is not allowed on Neowin so I am just going to have to do this.

Rob Styles is a complete SDKJI$OJ?I)$?OP$K?L$JU?I$JH"!UY*"?G"UEHUWHUDDUSY&$YER*U&*$"&*?Y"?Y""&$GUFJKSFKH?$&(Q*("(Y*?Y(*
:angry:

We battered Chelsea, how the W?("%*(()t(*)u WAS THAT :angry:TY :angry:?

What a goal from Torres though!

sharpy2k4    10

i think martyn just summed my feelings up hahaha

Damo R.    29,658
It is a shame swearing is not allowed on Neowin so I am just going to have to do this.

Rob Styles is a complete SDKJI$OJ?I)$?OP$K?L$JU?I$JH"!UY*"?G"UEHUWHUDDUSY&$YER*U&*$"&*?Y"?Y""&$GUFJKSFKH?$&(Q*("(Y*?Y(*
:angry:

We battered Chelsea, how the W?("%*(()t(*)u WAS THAT :angry:TY :angry:?

What a goal from Torres though!

Its a funny:Dld game :D

jasondefaoite    357

It wasn't just the penalty. He clearly booked Essien twice. Afterwards he obviously realised he already booked him and changed it to "confirming" terry's booking. WTF? He showed Terry the yellow, put it back in his pocket then 10 secs later takes it out and shows it to Essien. Styles is a thief and a liar. He should be demoted to the championship.

Shibby    1

How do you think I feel? He was born in my area and could well still be living here!

I think so far, all the refs are trying to take Graham Poll place. The one for Pompey Bolton wasn't good either.

Kanu was getting pulled silly (OOO ARH) and then he headed in a goal, the ref disallowed it. However, a few mins later Heirderson pulled Anelka, hoofed the ball upfield and we made some play to score. So it's all swings and roundabouts really.

But yes the Refs, have been pretty poor.

Damo R.    29,658
Referee Rob Styles will not officiate in the Premier League next weekend following his performance in the Liverpool-Chelsea game on Sunday.

Styles was criticised for awarding a controversial penalty to Chelsea.

Referees' chief Keith Hackett told BBC Radio 5live: "It is just like with players, if they miss an open goal they are likely to be dropped."

Hackett added: "I spoke to Rob this morning and obviously he is extremely disappointed with the decision and admitted he got it wrong. I have left a message with Rafael Benitez to apologise.

"Having looked at a video and seen a better angle and a better view, clearly he (Styles) now recognises that he got it wrong and he's deeply apologetic for that. I think, in fact, he too will be making contact with Liverpool in order to offer his apologies."

Shibby    1

If they pulled all the bad refs out for a week, we'd have no more refs!

If they pulled all the bad refs out for a week, we'd have no more refs!

Damo R.    29,658

My dad was just telling me that in the local paper because Roman lives near me like 20 minutes away his drive was concreted by Rob Styles Company :laugh:

Powa    0

Man Utd need to buck up their ideas.

Dominating a game and not scoring is pointless.

Crazysah    7

Lehman is injured until September!

Damo R.    29,658
Lehman is injured until September!

You still kept out Man City tho :)

1-1 for us is tacky crap...end of, when will Curbs understand we need a goal scorer on the pitch and not on the bench.

NightCrawler.    8

If Lehman wasn't injured the score line would of been different. Did Gilberto actually play centre back, what about Senderos?

Damo R.    29,658
If Lehman wasn't injured the score line would of been different. Did Gilberto actually play centre back, what about Senderos?

Maybe but it just could of been the day Man City was brought down to earth.

Crazysah    7

Well... Man Utd did not deserve to win today at all and good game between Boro and Newcastle!

Brodel    14

Rumours of Ronaldinho and Chelsea this morning.

According to a report in The Daily Mail, the 27-year-old Brazil international midfielder's brother and adviser Roberto de Assis Moreira has held two recent meetings with Blues owner Roman Abramovich.

The second is said to have been held at the weekend, with Abramovich flying Moreira to London on his private jet and putting him up at an exclusive Mayfair hotel.

With money no object, the Russian billionaire is reputedly prepared to make Ronaldinho the highest-paid player in football and smash the world's transfer record.

A ?85million buyout clause is included in Ronaldinho's current contract at Barcelona, which is due to expire in 2010.

However, Abramovich is reportedly desperate to inject more flair into the Blues squad and is prepared to eclipse the ?47million that Real Madrid shelled out to Juventus six years ago for the services of Zinedine Zidane.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2688529,00.html