[Board Message] Automated Warning Reduction

Should be 6 months...

(Y)

I've only ever had one warn. That was because I 'insulted' a guy who wanted to know if he could take his USB stick into the bath with him...Typical.

(Y)

I've only ever had one warn. That was because I 'insulted' a guy who wanted to know if he could take his USB stick into the bath with him...Typical.

Best quote so far :D

Theres definitely a big problem with over-warning here I think.

I'm on 100% and all for very minor offenses. I'd like to think I contribute quite well here, but If I'm banned I'll be gone. No great loss I'm sure but I'm sure theres plenty like me who aren't happy about the warning spree the moderators seem to be on.

Bans are done on a case-by-case basis, not an outright ban if you have an 100% warning level. Depending on your next warning (if you have one) it maybe a forum restriction and your previous warnings are taken into account.

Putting that aside, nice going Quick Reply and thanks for the acknowledgement (Y)

Radish?

Should be 6 months...

LOL..should

:whistle:

_Allan_

I have, oddly enough, not held a warn longer then 12 hours ... I feel lucky that mods have been good to me..

Thats because you are canadian.

Neowin, loves Canadians.

They hate the Irish. :unsure:

i had a warning for 2 accounts, but that was very minor, as it was only to check pm's tho, anywho, this new system will help alot of people is danger for ban XD ^^

I'm expecting my reduction in August lol. I always behave when I have 20% (1 warning), then allow myself to misbehave when reduced (like saying someone's an idiot or something alike). I then have bangbang saying this kind of behavior is not wanted here in Neowin. :D

I'm expecting my reduction in August lol. I always behave when I have 20% (1 warning), then allow myself to misbehave when reduced (like saying someone's an idiot or something alike). I then have bangbang saying this kind of behavior is not wanted here in Neowin. :D

So you know, those breaking the same rule time and time again, regardless of warning level, can wind up receiving a restriction. The whole point is for people to learn to converse without insulting each other as though this were a 5th grade playground. Considering how quickly other sites ban people, I think our warning system works very well in giving friendly shots over the bow.

Quick Reply: Congrats and thank you for working so hard on improving your contribution to Neowin.

<snip>

They hate the Irish. :unsure:

What are you talking about, we don't hate the Irish, everyone loves the Irish :) :beer:

:uberhump:

Bangbang, I don't do it on purpose. It's just that the rules are too strict when compared to other forums, and having a short temper, I slip from time to time. :p

[EDIT]

<3

Edited by Leo Natan

Awww Snyper ... that was sweet :D your findin' <3 for people!!! :wink:

And by the way folks, the key to maintaining a low warning level is not to use an Avatar or Signature so that you go under the radar :whistle: :shiftyninja:

And by the way folks, the key to maintaining a low warning level is not to use an Avatar or Signature so that you go under the radar :whistle: :shiftyninja:

*deletes boobies avatar* :shifty:

:laugh:

True, but it seems it's getting a little better again.

I have no idea when mine is to come down.

Am currently at 100% - eek!

100! Thats worse than me! I bet you havent been suspended though :p

Theres definitely a big problem with over-warning here I think.

I'm on 100% and all for very minor offenses. I'd like to think I contribute quite well here, but If I'm banned I'll be gone. No great loss I'm sure but I'm sure theres plenty like me who aren't happy about the warning spree the moderators seem to be on.

Bah, to be honest i would have agreed with you at one point, but after the last couple of months i tend to have to disagree with you and say that the modderators and admins on Neowin are actually very lenient and patient.

The last 2 months, i have been under INTENSE pressure in my personal life for various reasons, which some people on Neowin know about, some people know some about and some people know nothing about :D.

Basically, i was VERY short tempered in the real world and in Neowin world and where i smashed up a few bits and pieces in temper in the real world, i went to war with some users in Neowin world. Im not saying that the people i went to war with did not deserve it, but i deffinatly went over the top compaired to how i would otherwise usually handle people like that.

As a result, my warn was increased to 40% and i was suspended for 3 days to "cool off".

This is where i see the mods and admins as lenient. After i sorted my problems out in the real world and had time to calm down and relax (which now i am more happy than i have been in a long time) i had time to think about things that had happened. I came to realise that Neowin is not something that effects me in the real world and i need not take it so seriously.

I also feel that had i been an admin and had a user such as me on the boards, i would not have thought twice about banning him. For this reason i would like to thank the MODs.

If you feel the mods are giving you warns for silly reasons, then you can go to Marshallus and let him know. But at the end of the day, there are hundreds of thousands of users who get on without warns every day on Neowin, which would suggest that the user who is complaining did indeed deserve the warns.

I was once on 100% and the AWR slowly but surely removed my warns. And a moderator removed one when AWR was offline which I thought was nice. I am now on 0%. Some of my warns I felt were unjustified but there gone now so all water under the bridge.