Xbox Shakes When Playing DVD Movies

Does anyone elses xbox shake like MAD when they play a movie dvd in? i put 3 different movies in my xbox and the whole console was shaking like crazy, i put a xbox game in and it doesnt, is it just mine or do others do the same thing? tell! dont want to rma this thing lol :huh:

i have a question too..i was in best buy yesterday, and an rca tv, on the tv it says "XBOX READY"..and not just a sticker..but you dont get an xbox with it or anything..what did ms buy rca now :p haha

It shouldn't shake too bad. I know that when I first turn mine on and the drive starts to spin it will shake, and also when I turn it off. Does the box actually move or is it internal?

i have a question too..i was in best buy yesterday, and an rca tv, on the tv it says "XBOX READY"..and not just a sticker..but you dont get an xbox with it or anything..what did ms buy rca now :p haha

No, that TV has a special jack in the back(needs a special cable) that was designed for the XBOX. I believe it is the only TV on the market that has this jack at the moment. THis is in addition to a S-Video, RCA jack. I don't know how the quality of this is compared to component jacks, but from what I hear it is pretty good.

I thought my computer's cdrom drive busted the other day. It made a very loud vibrating noise, and it would have shook if it wasn't incased inside my computer tower. I took it out of my case and hit it with a screwdriver and put it back and it was ok.

Maybe you outta get your xbox checked out.

i have a friend who had one from the first batch, its takes A LOT LONGER to load games up as well as start DVDs as compared to other xboxs, seems very loud too when doing this

Does anyone elses xbox shake like MAD when they play a movie dvd in? i put 3 different movies in my xbox and the whole console was shaking like crazy, i put a xbox game in and it doesnt, is it just mine or do others do the same thing? tell! dont want to rma this thing lol :huh:

take ur X-box to the place u got it from.. and show them.. oh have u got x-box chipped ;)

i'll chip it once they get one that so called works with live or i'll wait a year till xbox is dead and i'll just download download download :D

good thinking :).. hehehe :cool:

Are you sure it shakes Tim?

Wow, I thought you had to be a bodybuilder to lift that thing. Tim if I were you I would go to the store and tell them you want to exchange it. Don't tell them why because MAYBE if you do they'll tell you to call Microsoft and to talk to Microsoft you have to pay like $300.00 and hour. No lie.

Are you sure it shakes Tim?

Wow, I thought you had to be a bodybuilder to lift that thing. Tim if I were you I would go to the store and tell them you want to exchange it. Don't tell them why because MAYBE if you do they'll tell you to call Microsoft and to talk to Microsoft you have to pay like $300.00 and hour. No lie.

$300 an hour? what a lame post.

bestbuy wont do jack poop, they have the worst return policy type thing, not even worth calling, i'll just use my comp i gess from now on to play movies but the thing shakes, i mean looks lke it has 2 legs and dances :cry:

i have a question too..i was in best buy yesterday, and an rca tv, on the tv it says "XBOX READY"..and not just a sticker..but you dont get an xbox with it or anything..what did ms buy rca now :p  haha

No, that TV has a special jack in the back(needs a special cable) that was designed for the XBOX. I believe it is the only TV on the market that has this jack at the moment. THis is in addition to a S-Video, RCA jack. I don't know how the quality of this is compared to component jacks, but from what I hear it is pretty good.

The jack is just a re-wired component video jack. It's just a gimmick, there is no quality benefit whatsoever.