[UK] What age did you pass your driving test?

Driving Test Pass Age  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What age did you pass your driving test?

What age did you pass your driving test?

This is for 17-25 year old UK people please :)

I didn't read the "UK" part until after I voted.

So subtract 1 from "23". I got it on my first attempt but was obviously not in much of a hurry to get it.

It's just that I've always been in full-time education (so couldn't get a full-time job) and didn't even think about driving until I was 19 and by then, I already felt I was starting late as I knew a lot of friends, ex, family members etc. my age who had been driving for a year or two already (since they were 17).

I am now nearly 21 ( in less than two weeks) and I am about to begin my final year of university. After that, I can work full-time and get earn to be able to learn, by the car, insure it, tax it etc. but I still consistently hear of mates, exs, family members etc. (all younger than me) passing and it's doing my head in.

By the time I have a car on the road (with a full license), I'll be 22 and I'll know so many mates, exs, family members etc. who have been driving for 4/5 years already and there is nothing worse than feeling non-independent (something I strive to achieve) :/

No idea why it gets to me really...

Third attempt when I was 19. I took a year's break though for uni. My boyfriend passed his first time, 11 weeks after his 17th birthday the git, but the tests were easier back then of course.

I didn't start learning until I was 20. I only had a provisional license as prof of age. I passed my test just after my 21st.

Sorry to hijack the thread but just wanted to be clear on something. I'm 15 now, so when I am 16 and a couple of months from my 17th birthday, I can start lessons then once I pass and turn 17, legally allowed to drive?

You need to be have your provisional license which they wont send till just before your 17, so you have to wait till then before you start. Passed when I was 17 myself... couldn't afford to keep a car on the road though.