Vista just another WinME? The real OS coming soon....

Seems like MS already working on new OS. Rumor has it.. Vista is just an OS like WinME

The real OS is coming soon.. Guys from Nortel were telling my friend this the other day, they had a meeting with MS recently.

Guess we'll wait and see.

:blink: I'm a huge critic of Vista, but I very much disagree that it is another ME. I think Vista will be very much improved by SP2 and 3rd parties making the full move.

:rofl: Oh man, thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Anybody who says Vista is like ME has no clue what he/she is talking about.

The new OS will released so soon that 60% of the Business/Home Users won't even touch Vista. That's the reality.

Oh, well now that you say it I have no doubt that this is 100% false. Thanks for confirming that for me.

Windows Vista is more like Windows 95 it was an improvement from Win 3.1, but a lot of things don't work on it.

Why wait until SP2 when SP1 is supposedly going to be betatesting shortly. Vista over delivered on features and took out 90% of what it was offering. The new filesystem was supposed to be awesome as well as Monad, aka Windows new shell prompt.

The next version will probably based on Vista core but with the promises that Vista was supposed to get: see Windows 2000 :)

:rofl: Oh man, thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Anybody who says Vista is like ME has no clue what he/she is talking about.

Guess Microsoft is clueless then.........................

Guess Microsoft is clueless then.........................

:rofl: Wow, you're on it today, aren't you?

Please, give a source if you're going to make such preposterous claims.

id really like to know how Vista is like ME? ME was horrific and crashed hourly Vista has been flawless on my two computers...

FYI MS will always be working on the next version of windows, when XP was released Vista was in the making, when VIsta was released, vienna is in the workings

Seems like MS already working on new OS. Rumor has it.. Vista is just an OS like WinME

The real OS is coming soon.. Guys from Nortel were telling my friend this the other day, they had a meeting with MS recently.

Guess we'll wait and see.

Have you even tried vista before believing such things !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft Spent 5 ****in years developing this OS and then a nerd like you comes and says its another ME !! i guess you dont even know what ME is..

Not to mention they offered alot of BETA's , and they fixed alot of bugs !! , i dont think it really needs a quick release for SP1...

Edited by Aaron

IMHO, Vista is more like Win2000. Following that logic, the next release might be more akin to XP. Of course, it's way too early to say if that will really be the case.

IMHO, Vista is more like Win2000. Following that logic, the next release might be more akin to XP. Of course, it's way too early to say if that will really be the case.

Why is it like 2000 ? ? ?

Yeah, after telling the guys at Nortel Networks, Microsoft also told me :shifty: :laugh:. Somehow I doubt Microsoft would share such unimaginable things with Nortel of all people.

ME was a failure. Been using vista since beta 1. The OS (Vista) is nothing to write home about. Maybe SP1 or SP2 will change that.

BTW - Didn't your mommy teach you not to call people names. Go back to preschool and relearn that.

OMG ! you ppl well never realize that SP1 will be a bunch of Security updates / Windows Updates included in a single Installer ! , what would you expect from those updates !!!!! AERO 2 :D ? or a new theme :D:D ?

Why is it like 2000 ? ? ?

Because it's a pretty huge overhaul, lots of new technology, but causes some compatibility issues, has a new driver model, etc.

Seems like MS already working on new OS. Rumor has it.. Vista is just an OS like WinMEThe real OS is coming soon.. Guys from Nortel were telling my friend this the other day, they had a meeting with MS recently.Guess we'll wait and see.
hey smartie, MS is always working on a new os :rolleyes: When Longhorn started, they were also working on Blackcomb... what was to be the next version...
Yeah, after telling the guys at Nortel Networks, Microsoft also told me :shifty: :laugh:. Somehow I doubt Microsoft would share such unimaginable things with Nortel of all people.
Why would MS tell Nortel when half of their own company doesn't even know what is next... I dont get how the OP even thought we would believe that BS

Wow, the level of retarded crap that is posted on this forum about Vista goes from bad to worse.

There is NO WAY anyone from Microsoft who held any sort of significant position would ever say such a thing!

And of course they are working on the next OS - they always are looking 1 or 2 steps ahead!

Dear <any moderator>,

Please lock this thread.

Thank you.

To the OP, you don't know diddly squat about Vista. It's too obvious.

Idiot. And, even my own MOTHER would agree with me about this type of trolling, so no she would not bawl me out for this. Nice try, but you won't get any credit.

'Kthxbye.

Wait...

MS is working on another OS?!

whats next.. software?

/sarcasm

@ OP:

Your clown shoes are on too tight.

:laugh: Yeah - like Krusty the Klown.

Unless he's coulrophobic or something. Beware of IT. :whistle:

Well, Mac OS needed few release to get it right, I remember Jaguar were still buggy but by Panther it was already in shape. So I wouldn't surprised to MS working on new OS based on Vista, also, Vienna was announced ages ago and specified it will be based on Vista.

I was fortunate enough to own a Hewlett Packard PC a few years ago that had Windows ME preinstalled. I fell in love with how the os worked and the numbers of things I could do while waiting for it to unfreeze or recover from a crash and I for one can say that Vista is nowhere near that bad. I've had Vista 64 bit installed since release, the only thing I can see it lacking is for software and hardware developers to get behind it instead of moaning that microsoft won't allow them access to certain bits of the os.

Windows Vista is more like Windows 95 it was an improvement from Win 3.1, but a lot of things don't work on it.

Why wait until SP2 when SP1 is supposedly going to be betatesting shortly. Vista over delivered on features and took out 90% of what it was offering. The new filesystem was supposed to be awesome as well as Monad, aka Windows new shell prompt.

The next version will probably based on Vista core but with the promises that Vista was supposed to get: see Windows 2000 :)

There never was a new File system, WinFS wasn't a file system, it was a database on top of the filestyste, and the majority of WinFS exist within Instant search, theat's where the integration with the file system is from, that's where the search algorithms are form and that's where the database itself is from.

Monad, monad is coming, BUT onad is useles for 99.9% of users out there. The only ones who really would have a need for is are the server adins, hence why Monad will be released when Longhorn server is released.

Also MS Allready said that before they released Vista. Basically MS said that they would never again take this long to develop the next OS version and the next version would be released within 2-3 years.