• AOL
    • AIM
    • MSN/Windows Messenger 4.7
    • MSN Messenger 5
    • Yahoo! Messenger
    • Other (Please Specify)
    • None!
    • Whats A Messenger?

I got ICQ back when they were still early in issueing 7-digit UINs. Rarely use it if ever.

MSN and Yahoo for the 3 people I know that refuse to use AIM.

I use AIM 5.1 + DeadAIM 3.1 for the 160+ people on my bud list.

(That's right, for those of who care, DeadAIM has an update that was released today! The tabs are finally cleaned up! :))

Get DeadAIM 3.1

Trillian Pro...sort of a no-brainer when you can connect to every choice you listed and customize the interface however you like, depending in the skin.

miranda is da $hit...its very lite and runs smoothly, better than trillian in many way, except it still needs to implement the AIM protocol :(

i love how you can change the icon set regardless of the skin..and there are some sweet icons out there..an underrated mult-client chat program (it just needs to continue to work on that aim protocol)

Using Windows Messenger 4.7 since time immemorial. Waiiittiinnggg.... ffooorrr... vvvveeeeeeerrsiioon.... ffffffiiivvvveeee.... of Windows Messenger, although I've heard FUD about it being discontinued.

Miranda IM forever. No other messenger even comes close.

Reasons:

• It's lightweight. Only the basic functions of ICQ are enabled in the small core exe.
  • It can be expanded with limitless functionality through plugins. Around 100 plugins exist.
  • It's open-source, and development has picked up speed again.

I'm running a number of plugins, enabling me to have dynamic away messages (including info about Winamp songs and active FPS games), Weather reports, News feeds and ICQ, MSN and Jabber protocols (more exist, like Tlen.pl, Gadu-Gadu and Yahoo), as well as enhanced netsend messaging on the company network.

My Miranda configuration takes up some 1.60 mb so I carry it around on a DMF disk whereever I go. And best of all, it stores nothing in the registry and it's extremely well adapted to being used in a network (the program itself can be stored in a central server, and each user can have his/her settings stored in his/her home directory. More features include admin template settings (which automatically override any settings in a user's database) and a lot of other things.

Taken into account all the features of Miranda compared to commercial or closed-source alternatives, I'd urge everyone to try Miranda. Who knows, you might even like it. ;)

and let's not forget miranda's NotifyAnything and LogWatcher plugins which allows you to monitor absolutly any log file on local or remote system.

at work i use it to monitor IDS logs and trouble tickets. at home i monitor my firewall logs and FlashFXP.

if anybody want to import their contact list from trillian to check out Miranda you can use this plugin.