Super Bad (2007)

Looks good but:

Release Date

14 September 2007 (UK)

WHY? Big movie, late release in the UK. Makes no sense.

It was the same with Knocked Up......Knocked up is like only been released over here!

Looks alright. These guys wrote it when they were 14 themselves, how good can it be? Immature slapstick and toilet humour I s'pose. Not that it's really a bad thing. Knocked Up was better than I expected. The 40 Year Old Virgin was pretty damn funny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone notice that in the R trailer for superbad when mclovin shoots the sign with the gun at the end of the trailer he's standing on the right, and in the movie he's standing on the left.

Edited by warwagon

I just watched it and loved some parts of it...some parts I didn't like and I think I loved Knocked Up more but this was still really funny 7/10 from me.

Really hadn't paid much attention to this movie or the reviews. Only caught the trailer on tv once or twice. Went this weekend with my gf and man this was the funniest comedy I have seen in a long time.

Awesome film :yes:

• 2 months later...

Although I'm a fan of Michael Cera, the fact it was written by the same people that wrote 40 year old virgin which I thought was terrible made me pretty weary of this film.

I have to admit I was swallowing my pride in the first 20 minutes and I thought it was awesome. From the scene where they try to buy liquor and the police turn up it was downhill. Pretty slow moving, basic storyline, some of the humour was great but it was washed down with a lot of predictable or just averagely funny humour. Pretty much the same way 40 year old virgin went too in my opinion. It's a shame because like I said I really like Michael Cera and the first 20mins were great, it just didn't live up to it for the remainder. It circled around but didn't hit the button.

I t was pretty much a fat kid cursing about getting laid and getting hit with things

Yes, and Citizen Kane was about a newspaper mogul being a prick.

See, it's not hard to oversimplify movies ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was very hesitant about this movie at first, but once I watched it, I was very pleased. I think it's overated in terms of "Mc Lovin" and everyone repeating it a million times, but it was very funny.

• 2 weeks later...