Xbox 2: Xbox Next

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/381/381343p1.html

We've Got Next

Name of the next iteration of Xbox revealed?

January 02, 2003 - According to a The Hollywood Reporter, the name of Xbox 2 will, in fact, be called Xbox Next. Though sources for this information were not cited, the domain xboxnext.com has been registered by Microsoft.

The report went on to say Microsoft planned to release Xbox Next before the Sony released PS3 in 2005 and that it would include UltimateTV technology to allow for digital recording and TV web surfing.

However, it's been long believed that a ReplayTV and web-browsing applications would be add-ons released within the next two years for the current version of Xbox.

The article also claimed that a smaller, lighter version of the Xbox may be released in 2003 for between $130-150.

Microsoft could not be reached for comment, but we'll let you know the moment we learn more

Sounds nice a SMALLER version and a cheaper price! cant wait for that, they need another smaller controller lol

Xbox Next ... god microsoft shouldnt think to hard for a name :) hehe. oh my god just had a thought what the name of my pc can be :D woot woot :p.. "The Hive"

What i want in the next Xbox is for MS to get rid of Regions and let us all play all import games without a mod chip!

Oh and to make the Xbox color + Dashboard electric blue it will look better than green :D

As for the controls its a perfect fit for me, Plus it keeps little grity hands of my little relitives away from my xbox, cause they can't play the thing :) :yes: :woot:

What i want in the next Xbox is for MS to get rid of Regions and let us all play all import games without a mod chip!

From a financial and money making stand-poin that wouldn't be a smart thing to do. The only system I can think of that doesn't do regin lockouts is Nintendo with the Game boy Advance. It would be cool if you play any game on any system tho...

lol, apparently it will have a 7/8GHz Processor with a 1GHz Custom nvidia chip (probably nv40 or something) and 1gig ram

LOL...where did you read that? It's probably 99.999% a rumor...

dont have the link handy, someone posted it on another board (rage3d or teamxbox, cant remember which)

SOOOOOOOOO...in other word it is a fake and a rumor...it is now 99.9999999999999999999999999999% FAKE! :wacko::blink:

how about you just play your XBOX now, and worry about new stuff later..........

yea but it is always nice to have wet dreams about the next systems...no matter how FAKE the news might be...

lol, apparently it will have a 7/8GHz Processor with a 1GHz Custom nvidia chip (probably nv40 or something) and 1gig ram

LOL...where did you read that? It's probably 99.999% a rumor...

Geforce FX is already 1GHz, and NV40 is not in existance.

I expect NV40 to be much faster than the current Geforce FX.

Geforce FX is already 1GHz, and NV40 is not in existance.

I expect NV40 to be much faster than the current Geforce FX.

actually, the Geforce FX is only 500 mhz. what you were thinking of is the DDR RAM speeds, which are at 1 ghz. and the information given above is all fake, it is just a guess that someone had at some point and was carried much farther than it needed to be. there is no way to know the specs of the next xbox, until we are (at most) a year from release.

MS have already done that with the current Xbox. Region protection is implemented at the publishers/developers discretion. It just so happens that every single one has used regional protection :/

MS have already done that with the current Xbox. Region protection is implemented at the publishers/developers discretion. It just so happens that every single one has used regional protection :/

I know but i mean force it upon all publishers and developers, Don't give them the choice to do it...

xbox 2 will be prob 10x better than xbox1, microsoft learned SOOO much from their mistakes and i really think they'll make a console based on consumer feedback, so SMALL console, SMALL controllers, and looks decent, and still kicks ass.

xbox 2 will be prob 10x better than xbox1, microsoft learned SOOO much from their mistakes and i really think they'll make a console based on consumer feedback, so SMALL console, SMALL controllers, and looks decent, and still kicks ass.

WOW...you are SOOOOOOOO perceptive...(sarcasim)... of course the next console from M$ will be better then the first...DUH!!!

PS3 owns :o eventually :D

...let's not start any fanboy crap ok Fatal???

WOW...you are SOOOOOOOO perceptive...(sarcasim)... of course the next console from M$ will be better then the first...DUH!!!

PS3 owns :o eventually :D
...let's not start any fanboy crap ok Fatal???

the whole point of my comment was to say ms learned form their mistakes i guess u didnt under stand that since they never did from windows, :rolleyes:

only thing i miss about new consoles :( i think sony still does this, but they include a free demo disk lol,

I'm sorry guys, but you think you all read the article wrong. I think they meant that a smaller, lighter version of the Xbox may be released in 2003 for between $130-150.

In other words (because this is the only thing that seems to make sense), a smaller, lighter version of the Xbox 1 (AKA the one that's available now) will be released in 2003.

Just think about it...how could an Xbox with more features that's obviously more expensive sell for less than the one that's available now?

The article's talking about two different things: the Xbox Next and the smaller, ligher version of the original in 2003. There's no definite price point for the Xbox Next, only the price of the smaller one.