The Ultimate Splinter Cell Thread

Developers have just now started tapping into the PS2's graphical powers

lol, Is that a joke?. The PS2 has been pushed as far as it can go, you won't be seeing any games that will push it's graphical capabilities further than the games that already exist.

What makes the Xbox's Graphical capability superior is the Geforce 2/3 Hybrid card that is inside, as many of you well know the Geforce line of cards is extremely capable of producing jaw-dropping graphics. It provides AA(Anti Aliasing) and many other useful features and because it is a piece of hardware that PC developers are used to, it is very easy for them to take advantage of these features and utilise them to create an amazing end result.

Developers have just now started tapping into the PS2's graphical powers

lol, Is that a joke?. The PS2 has been pushed as far as it can go, you won't be seeing any games that will push it's graphical capabilities further than the games that already exist.

What makes the Xbox's Graphical capability superior is the Geforce 2/3 Hybrid card that is inside, as many of you well know the Geforce line of cards is extremely capable of producing jaw-dropping graphics. It provides AA(Anti Aliasing) and many other useful features and because it is a piece of hardware that PC developers are used to, it is very easy for them to take advantage of these features and utilise them to create an amazing end result.

Only a couple games have used close to (but not all of the PS2's power) and Gran Turismo 3 is one of those games. The full power of the PS2's GPU hasn't been fully harnessed yet. The PS2 still has a good 3 to 4 years AT LEAST left in it before the hardware is fully utilized.

The Xbox is based on PC hardware and developers know that hardware better, so of course games on the Xbox will look better. Developers have just now started tapping into the PS2's graphical powers (same goes for the Gamecube).

I see where you are coming from, but you are wrong. Just because the XBOX is a variation of PC hardware it doesnt mean anything. The way an XBOX or any console for that matter works is different always. All 3 of the next-gen console systems have a learning curve developers are using. The PC hardware similarity doesnt apply here since technology is constantly changing and other features are being added all the time. Out of all 3 systems, the PS2 has been worked on the longest and has the least room for improvement. Lets face it, with any console system you hear about the "1st generation" and "2nd generation games" and there is always a dramatic increase. After that, only minor improvements are made. This is the case with the PS2 at the moment. XBOX and Gamecube are just getting into their "2nd generation" games and therefore have a greater potential for improvement.

The Xbox is based on PC hardware and developers know that hardware better, so of course games on the Xbox will look better. Developers have just now started tapping into the PS2's graphical powers (same goes for the Gamecube).

I see where you are coming from, but you are wrong. Just because the XBOX is a variation of PC hardware it doesnt mean anything. The way an XBOX or any console for that matter works is different always. All 3 of the next-gen console systems have a learning curve developers are using. The PC hardware similarity doesnt apply here since technology is constantly changing and other features are being added all the time. Out of all 3 systems, the PS2 has been worked on the longest and has the least room for improvement. Lets face it, with any console system you hear about the "1st generation" and "2nd generation games" and there is always a dramatic increase. After that, only minor improvements are made. This is the case with the PS2 at the moment. XBOX and Gamecube are just getting into their "2nd generation" games and therefore have a greater potential for improvement.

I'm sure with the Xbox being based on PC hardware is making it a little easier to develop for. The Xbox and Gamecube are reported to be the easiest to develop for according to developers...

Interesting...But I wanna c some pics of Splinter Cell running on the Gamecube since it is graphically more powerful then the PS2...Anyone got any screenshots?

Only a couple games have used close to (but not all of the PS2's power) and Gran Turismo 3 is one of those games. The full power of the PS2's GPU hasn't been fully harnessed yet. The PS2 still has a good 3 to 4 years AT LEAST left in it before the hardware is fully utilized.

lol

all i can say is :wacko:

lol

all i can say is :wacko:

I'll match your :wacko: and raise you a :blink: & :rolleyes:

:laugh: :p

If you 've been into gaming as long as I have, you know that has how it has been for the last 15+ years. After the NES came out and resurrected the gaming industry after the Atari crashed it, each system that came out had a good 5 to 6 years before it was fully utilized.

spoken like a true clueless :rolleyes:

there no "hidden" misteries that are to be uncovered in 5-6 years after a system release.

ps2 was a bit complex/new becuase of it's parallel processing, otherwise it's exactly same with all system.

you can't make something out of nothing if you wait a few years.

and aparently you have no idea that between atari and nes there were many sucessfull system.

spoken like a true clueless :rolleyes:

there no "hidden" misteries that are to be uncovered in 5-6 years after a system release.

ps2 was a bit complex/new becuase of it's parallel processing, otherwise it's exactly same with all system.

you can't make something out of nothing if you wait a few years.

and aparently you have no idea that between atari and nes there were many sucessfull system.

Ok smart a$$. I don't mean any "mysteries". Just b/c a few games here and there (Sony, I might add) look like they are fully utilizing the doesn't mean other games aren't coming out that will push the system.

Ok now tell what "TOP selling" systems came out inbetween the last Atari system made and the NES?

May I ask how long you have been gaming btw?

i played games since RK81 was released..which i'm sure you never heard of. so hush and respect oldskool!

I'm not downplaying old skool. Some of the new games nowadays can't hold a candle to the hold games. Heck I own a few older systems and plan on buying more of them...Man I luv eBay...

21st of January? That exclusivity period didn't last too long eh

hasnt tom clancy games always been on pc though? i figured this woulda come out for pc first the got ported. i ono tho.

21st of January? That exclusivity period didn't last too long eh

they only needed it long enuff to make it through the xmas period. Those grafix are nice but not much better then the box's. and not as many people own a computer fast enuff to make it run that nice. theyd rather have it on the box

21st of January?  That exclusivity period didn't last too long eh

they only needed it long enuff to make it through the xmas period. Those grafix are nice but not much better then the box's. and not as many people own a computer fast enuff to make it run that nice. theyd rather have it on the box

:sleep: