Rules updated (03 jan)

The following rule was modified to make it easier to understand:

Neowin is not a support forum for affiliates or related sites, comparing, judging the content/value or raising the opinion of other sites, bad mouthing (or victimizing) & negative discussion about non/affiliate site issues on our forums is neither wanted or tolerated.

also modified this rule a bit to include sig guidelines:

No Avatar & Custom Title Abuse. These are a luxury and abuse of them will result in them being lost and your account being restricted. We also have Sig Guidelines that outline what image (type, dimensions & file size) we find acceptable click (here) to view.

also added Click here to back to where you were | Link to Forums after xstaindx pointed out that the rules also open in a new window in some links (so you cant go back in that case)

* red is new text or modified

As always we welcome feedback and these changes are a direct result of the feedback we've been getting. I hope everyone understands that rules are needed on Neowin the better they are worded and outlined makes moderators jobs easy and can leave little room for doubt on whats acceptable and what isn't. I also want to point out that all moderator actions are logged so there can be no mis-use of the powers granted.

A Moderators work isn't easy you know ;) :p

So if another site goes down we are or aren't allowed to talk about it ?  :(

actualy i think neobond changed that rule exactly to allow such case..

as long as we ain't all like "(the site) sux0rs!!!"

:D

No Avatar & Custom Title Abuse. These are a luxury and abuse of them will result in them being lost and your account being restricted. We also have Sig Guidelines that outline what image (type, dimensions & file size) we find acceptable click (here) to view.

hmm, when trying to click "here"...i was given the following msg:

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this topic

...and i was looking forward to viewing the guidelines! :D

hmm, when trying to click "here"...i was given the following msg:

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this topic

...and i was looking forward to viewing the guidelines! :D

Sorry, its fixed now.