Apple Event August 7th, 2007

Does the new iMac still have that little macgnet that holds Apple Remote?

Probably, it was just a little minor cosmetic thing, see no reason why they'd get rid of that.

Will that keyboard work for a Windows based machine? I'm liking it a lot, but I ain't buying an iMac yet just for it.

It's a standard USB 2.0 keyboard, it should work on any modern operating system, at least the standard keys at the bare minimum. Some of the special keys, like eject, volume, etc. will probably require some kind of driver.

Wow iWork looks pretty good, not sure whether to choose that or Office 2008....

Obviously you're probably better off waiting until January 2008 when the next release of Office comes out. iWork does work nice, but Office is the de facto office suite for a reason...

Me wants the bluetooth keyboard.

So do I. Now that the Apple store is back up, I might buy myself an early $79 Christmas present...

Any video of the Event??

The keynote will either be up later today or tomorrow. If you have QuickTime 7 Pro, you'll be able to download it and all associated media.

Lucky, I managed to buy 6 this morning, 2 for my friends and 2 for my family. I keep the rest!

Then I woke up.

Ok you caught me. I photoshopped this:

dsc00287od0.jpg

Photoshop or not, it sure looks nice. If only these things came out in February instead of August.

Ok you caught me. I photoshopped this:

dsc00287od0.jpg

How the hell did you get that so quickly? Have they got them in the stores already?

On a different note: I'm going to wait it out a bit - until they come with Leopard, 2GB RAM and a slightly better graphics card. An 8600GT or 2600XT will do.

they had quite a few at my apple store. luckily, I got off work at 5 and it was close to me so after 5 minutes of deep thoughts, I took the plunge, bought it along with the free ipod and printer.

they had quite a few at my apple store. luckily, I got off work at 5 and it was close to me so after 5 minutes of deep thoughts, I took the plunge, bought it along with the free ipod and printer.

What's the config of your iMac? Free iPod/Printer ??

Did anyone notice how the iLife '08 applications now share those iTunes scroll bars as well? It really makes me wonder why Mac OS X Leopard still doesn't feature these system-wide.

those things take time. Unlike windows, wherw we see almost every bulid and every update. apple keeps things a secreat, hence more suspence and mystery. good or bad? both for me. i like surpises

crap! i can't believe that the wireless version of the keyboard doesn't have a numeric pad!! :s i wanted a wireless keyboard + mouse... but i want a numeric pad :(

Lucky you. How does the glossy screen work out under bright light?

I'm watching the keynote and color me impressed--iPhoto/.mac integration is amazing.

And don't forget when Leopard comes out, they are adding "Back to my Mac" to .Mac, as well. Looks like spending $99/year might actually be justified soon.

I got the lower end 24-inch. 2.4 C2D stock. I believe the only difference between the higher end and low end 24" is the 2.8 C2D w/ 500 GB HDD vs 2.4 C2D with 320 GB HDD (respectively). I got the red iPod Nano 2G and the HP C4280 (it was the only one thats free after rebate, the others make you pay a little bit more).

As far as the glossy screen goes, I can't comment since my room is painted real dark (the way I like it). But from what light I had, it was no problemo.