Apple Event August 7th, 2007

instant.human    45

i see. thanks for the info.

reasons for that?

mattmatik    76

Well, I was hoping for some kind of Mini update or news. In that regard, this was uninteresting. I'm not a desktop person anymore, and having a Mini would allow me to connect it to my LCD HDTV.

Maybe later in the year.

Ayepecks    118

I like the look, but the graphics stink.

Detroit    0

New iMac reminds me of Bravia haha

saxondale.    15

There has to be a Mac mini update. Why? They need a decent low end Mac. Now the 17" has gone and Steve is talking about the iMac being designed with a 'Pro' image, the low end products are left for dead...so there has to be a Mac mini update or something like that.

New iMovie :D

Edited by saxondale.
SnowRanger13    27

iWork 08 icons are on his desktop, new icons means new version :D

Jordan Green    2

+1 with what michael says ^^

SnowRanger13    27

imac-slim-keyboard-1.jpg

dsc_1318.jpg

Hmm... Am I seeing something? Two different keyboards.... one has bigger arrow buttons and one has a number pad...

.kvn    0

iMovie with quick movie creation and one click sharing :)

Southern Patriot    974
imac-slim-keyboard-1.jpg

dsc_1318.jpg

Hmm... Am I seeing something? Two different keyboards.... one has bigger arrow buttons and one has a number pad...

Yes, two different keyboards. The smaller one is wireless and designed to be used on your lap. The larger one is wired for use on your desk.

instant.human    45

did jobs say that?

the two keyboards are too different to just be the wireless and the wired version... look at the top of the two keyboards. the lower one has curves.

the arrow keys... i dont know. anyways, i dont care, i have a macbook. but if it comes to buying a 20" imac i guess i will take the wireless...

the lower one looke more like officially apple. very close to the macbook keyboards. the top one looks like something like a beta-version of a new keyboads for apple. much less defined. :)

Jordan Green    2

wow new imovie you can send it from teh app to youtube and it will encode and upload at optimum res

.Neo    1,834

Apple has one keen eye for designing software. The new iMovie looks really slick.

TruckWEB    480

Oh no please, I don't want to use this mini keyboard. I want my num pad....

I hope Apple will have a full feature keyboard and not only this mini thing....

saxondale.    15
Apple has one keen eye for designing software. The new iMovie looks really slick.

Definitely agree with you on that one.

Jordan Green    2

Ye they sure do, i find it quite funny aswell how this app is just a random developers app he made for himself because apple's other apps couldnt do what he wanted! meh must be just me! lol

.kvn    0

Garageband upgraded too :)

Blaine    2

was there a video of this to watch? Some people talk like they are seeing it live, so I was confused.

giga    46
was there a video of this to watch? Some people talk like they are seeing it live, so I was confused.

We're all seeing the video live. You probably weren't invited. (internal neowin stream)

.kvn    0

gizmodo and macnn con tinue to hold up.

This from tuaw

dotmacbeforeitdied.jpg

Also I'm expecting an excel type product as there's a bar graph icon on his screen dock

Hurmoth    518

Can't wait to order one of these new iMacs :yes:

TruckWEB    480

The new iMac are cool, but why go with ATI? Their latest GPU is (2400,2600 or 2900) are slower than anything nVidia as to offer.

Apple always seem to chose the worst when it come to GPU chipset....

.kvn    0

Looks like my bank account will be taking a hit later when I upgrade my iLife and possibly iWork

RadishTM    318
The new iMac are cool, but why go with ATI? Their latest GPU is (2400,2600 or 2900) are slower than anything nVidia as to offer.

Apple always seem to chose the worst when it come to GPU chipset....

I don't care which ever GFX chipset maker Apple goes with, but always - it's the bottleneck in the system.

Radish?

SnowRanger13    27

if iWorks 08 is announced with a excel type program I'm told to order many copies for my office.