Apple Event August 7th, 2007

SnowRanger13

Wow from some new angels of the iMac I really like it. But I still want my Mac Pro...

.kvn

Check out the imac on the apple site, and video too.

RadishTM

keyboard_1_20070807.jpg

keyboard_2_20070807.jpg

keyboard_3_20070807.jpg

keyboard_4_20070807.jpg

keyboard_5_20070807.jpg

detail_1_20070807.jpg

detail_2_20070807.jpg

detail_3_20070807.jpg

detail_4_20070807.jpg

Radish?

sundayx

Why Apple don't have the wallpapers for products anymore?

One more thing, I just have to let it out. Apple you can do better Industrial Design than this.

SnowRanger13

Those close ups of the iMac do way more justice for it then the ones first shown at they keynote :|

.kvn

I like this new design a lot but as I have only had my iMac for the past 5 months I won't be changing anytime soon :(

Quillz

What's the deal with the keyboard? The wired keyboard has a larger Command key (notice the symbol and text fit on one line), has a number pad and USB 2.0 ports. The wireless keyboard has a smaller Command key (symbol and text take up two lines), has no number pad and a power button instead of the USB ports. I'm not sure if I'm so keen on that.

Keito

Thanks Radish, Giga and most of all Apple :D

I will order this iMac 20" (2nd model) probably somewhere towards the end of the year

SnowRanger13

So the apple store went up... and now its down again? did we crash it :p

Quillz

I'm surprised they didn't go into detail on the Mac mini refresh. They really should put at least a Core 2 Duo in there...

giga
What's the deal with the keyboard? The wired keyboard has a larger Command key (notice the symbol and text fit on one line), has a number pad and USB 2.0 ports. The wireless keyboard has a smaller Command key (symbol and text take up two lines), has no number pad and a power button instead of the USB ports. I'm not sure if I'm so keen on that.

Looks like they made it that way to make it compact and save battery life. Looks to be great for travel :D

But damn, those new angle shots of the iMac really show how beautiful it is. That aluminum <3

RadishTM

The refreshed Mac mini has an Core 2 Duo clocked at 2GHz.

Radish?

.Neo

The Dutch Apple Store was online for a while and there are actually 2 24" iMac models: One with a Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz CPU, 1GB RAM and 320GB HDD (if I remember correctly) for ?1799 The second one: Core 2 Extreme 2.8GHz CPU, 2GB RAM and a 500GB HDD for ?2219.

It's offline again n:/. :/

bdsams

i got a quick pick of why the site poped up and went back down...

Apple goof up on site

edit:

*this links to my site as the pic didnt upload here on my first attempt, dont falme me either please!*

SnowRanger13
The Dutch Apple Store was online for a while and there are actually 2 24" iMac models: One with a Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz CPU, 1GB RAM and 320GB HDD (if I remember correctly) for ?1799 The second one: Core 2 Extreme 2.8GHz CPU, 2GB RAM and a 500GB HDD for ?2219.

It's offline again n:/. :/

2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme... they are using the moblie Core 2 Duos but the Core 2 Extreme was 2.6GHz, although the Extremes are unlocked I would find it odd if Apple had a stock overclocked iMac...

But did I not read Core 2 Extreme near the start of the iMac talk?

Yes! iWork! Goodbye Office 04!

Yeah I think I will be using iWork more and Office less... I mostly used Office because everyone used it but with importing and exporting Office files iWork looks like its going to be my choice.

sundayx

Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help

Anyways, Contextual Format Bar = Ribbon.

mattmatik

So, they update the Mini with a C2D (not even Santa Rosa) and increase it $100. So, now the 1.8ghz is $599 and 2.0ghz is $699. I'll probably still buy one when Leopard releases but my God, Apple is pricing themselves out of market share. With the new iMacs all above $1,000 now, personally I feel they missed out on some good momentum from the iPhone and iPod hysteria.

sundayx

Double post.

ynnoj

I'll be ordering my 20" iMac once Leopard arrives. :)

I really like the new design.

suspiria

They better get the Apple Store up soon, I want to buy my keyboard. :)

I'll overnight it if I have to... I just want it.

instant.human
a power button instead of the USB ports. I'm not sure if I'm so keen on that.

it would be pretty much a ****ing sensation if apple put usb ports on their wireless keyboard. :D

i guess its more aimed for traveling or just... looking good.

for productivity of course you will use a full-sized keyboard. :)

SnowRanger13
Up to 2.8GHz dual-core Intel processor

I just checked the max the Extreme Mobile Core 2 Duo comes in is 2.6GHz

So Apple has stock over-clocked computers now!? That dose not seem like Apple but is very exciting!

ivanhope

a usb hub on a wireless keyboard wouldn't work for every device, because most usb devices draw power, and I don't see where the keyboard would be getting the juice from.