Apple Event August 7th, 2007

giga
Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help

Anyways, Contextual Format Bar = Ribbon.

Except it's not ugly and overbearing.

post-18268-1186513815_thumb.png

gigapixels

I wouldn't say the Ribbon is ugly and over-bearing, I quite like it myself, but the Contextual Format Bar also looks very nice.

Vice

Looking at the new iMacs it almost makes me want to sell my QX6700 + 4GB RAM + 8800GTX Windows Vista desktop and buy the kitted out 24" iMac. Almost. I'm on the brink people. The brink.

I'm happy with my MacBook Pro 17" but these iMacs are something else me want, very much. :|

Quillz
Looks like they made it that way to make it compact and save battery life. Looks to be great for travel :D

But damn, those new angle shots of the iMac really show how beautiful it is. That aluminum <3

That's a good point. If it saves a good amount of battery life, then maybe I can even bring it to school.

.Neo
2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme... they are using the moblie Core 2 Duos but the Core 2 Extreme was 2.6GHz, although the Extremes are unlocked I would find it odd if Apple had a stock overclocked iMac...

But did I not read Core 2 Extreme near the start of the iMac talk?

picture1wu5.png

Looks like I'll be ordering the 2.8GHz one tomorrow.

saxondale.

Aperture & Front Row updates :)

SnowRanger13

Now the real question.... Do I get a fully loaded 24" iMac or do I get a Mac Pro and a 23" Cinema Display...

Hurmoth
Except it's not ugly and overbearing.

post-18268-1186513815_thumb.png

I love the Office 2007 ribbon myself. No problems whatsoever here. I find it very useful. I'm eager to see how this looks and feels compared to Office 2007, but I like the Office 2007 ribbon though.

Quillz

I kind of wish I didn't purchase my iMac back in February of this year, but back then, how was I supposed to know there'd be quite the update today? Of course, I don't feel too bad, I really don't get a better processor unless I start at at least $1,799. (The other two models still use a Core 2 Duo, just at faster clock speeds.)

Digitalx

as a non mac user the new design looks real nice, might entice me when have the money to try one out sometime, sucks the 17" is gone though :( but overall it's a great update to the apple line. glad they use the radeon HD's too.

instant.human

hum... a pity i am a poor ######... :( would be pretty cool if i could go right ahead and say "wow, cool! i think ill buy the 20" 2,4", which would be my choice, but i only have like 200 left on my account and thats for cellphonebill and other necessary stuff i pay for monthly... and maybe 100 for spending for whatever... crap man...

but thats what i always think when new apple products come out. im not saying they are overpriced, no way, and i would struggle aswell if we were talking about some new dell or whatever but... hell somehow that ****es me off.

i mean im on a blackbook 2,0ghz, a great machine, i just LOVE it... but everytime apple brings out a new product its like "look, mine somehow looks a little outdated". i know its not and of course thats the way it goes with technology, we all know that, we all experience that but... dont know...

****es you off not to have the resources to buy all the ****ing things you want. :D

but who in the world doesnt dream of 1.000.000 a month and a nice car and imacs and macbook pros in uncountable amounts on your desktop just because it looks cool.

i am lucky, i have a wonderful girlfriend, i guess that in the end is the only thing that counts.

but a little more money... why not.

sorry for being so emo... ;)

saxondale.

I still can't understand why they put such rubbish graphics cards in these machines.

Quillz

Speaking of the wireless keyboard, the power button is on the right, what's on the left? Looks like some kind of notched metallic thing...

giga
picture1wu5.png

Verjsoahklafj kajaosijf shefasal?

Lol. :p

RadishTM
I still can't understand why they put such rubbish graphics cards in these machines.

Due to the heat most likely.

Radish?

suspiria
Speaking of the wireless keyboard, the power button is on the right, what's on the left? Looks like some kind of notched metallic thing...

Maybe that's where the batteries go.

Quillz
Maybe that's where the batteries go.

Yeah, probably.

Keito
How'd you get those cheap prices .Neo - when I look at my dutch store and use student discount I can't get that low... enlighten me :p
saxondale.

It's great that they're making it slimmer, but if it comes at a cost (sub par graphics cards), i'd rather they keep it a little thicker.

Quillz

Finally! The Mac mini has an Intel Core 2 Duo! That means every single Apple computer is now 64-bit ready, and can take full advantage of Leopard's system-wide 64-bit support. It also means that any 64-bit application written for Leopard is guaranteed to work on every single modern Apple computer, another plus.

giga
I love the Office 2007 ribbon myself. No problems whatsoever here. I find it very useful. I'm eager to see how this looks and feels compared to Office 2007, but I like the Office 2007 ribbon though.

Sure it's damn useful but it disconnects me from the actual project I'm working on as it's so large and stands out more than the document itself. I used Pages 2/WriteRoom almost exclusively for all my papers last year. To each his/her own though.

Damian
picture1wu5.png

I also would like to know where you get those prices ?

this is the dutch student discount page now:

afbeelding1si5.png

KeR

well I am getting the Wireless Keyboard. :)

Quillz
Sure it's damn useful but it disconnects me from the actual project I'm working on as it's so large and stands out more than the document itself. I used Pages 2/WriteRoom almost exclusively for all my papers last year. To each his/her own though.

The problem I have with Pages though is that sometimes I have to e-mail my documents to my professors and they have Word. Thus, I have to use Word 2004 so I can be sure I'm creating a compatible .doc document. (No, they don't even except .pdf.)