Montreal vs. Vancouver vs. Toronto

120 members have voted

1. 1. Montreal vs. Vancouver vs. Toronto

• Montreal, QC
    • Toronto, ON
    • Vancouver, BC

My affinity is with Toronto, but this divisionary nonsense is crap. Canada would not be Canada if it weren't for the great cities mentioned and unmentioned.

I've never been to Vancouver.

I love Toronto. There's always things going on, people everywhere. Cultural diversity! Except the traffic SUCKS! I lived there for a bit, I love it.

I never really understood the whole "hating Toronto" thing. I mean, I don't really know anyone who "hates" it, although I know a few people that don't like it mostly because of the big city thing.

I wanna go to Montr?al, maybe next year if everything goes to plan:)) I've visited once, and realized quickly that it's very bilingual. I speak French, but I have a slight anglophone accent when I speak French so they still know right away that I'm not Qu?becoi:(:( I hope they're not as bad to English-speakers as some people are saying!

Edited by Tha Bloo Monkee

I never really understood the whole "hating Toronto" thing. I mean, I don't really know anyone who "hates" it, although I know a few people that don't like it mostly because of the big city thing.

Just ask anyone who doesn't live in Toronto. Especially in Vancouver. We all hate Toronto.

Just ask anyone who doesn't live in Toronto. Especially in Vancouver. We all hate Toronto.

Its cause hundreds of thousands of us (Torontonians) fly to Vancouver and raid their place every holiday season, isn't it? =D

Still doesn't tell me why people hate it. I don't live in Toronto, and I don't get it.

I'll go with Toronto. The only thing I really like about Montreal is the metal scene. Vancouver isn't bad, but everything I like about it is around the city, and not the city itself. Mainly the mountains to the east, and the coast along the northern stretch. The urban area is soooo boring, and too segregated into stereotypes. Plus, I find the indie music scene on the west coast (including northern US) to be too generic sounding, with more of the enjoyable stuff coming out of the GTA and Quebec.

• 4 weeks later...
but I have a slight anglophone accent when I speak French so they still know right away that I'm not Qu?becois:(( I hope they're not as bad to English-speakers as some people are saying!

It's not. My family has lived here my entire life, and while I do speak French, it's not like I get crap for not having the perfect accent. My job takes me to many unilingual workplaces, and they're always extremely understanding and helpful if I mess up my phrase.

I admit traffic REALLY sucks there! In the short time i was living there i saw the dumbest drivers I've ever seen.

Hahaha, that's what I keep saying to others in other threads n such. We have some of the worst drivers, it boggles the mind.

I wanna go to Montr?al, maybe next year if everything goes to plan:)) I've visited once, and realized quickly that it's very bilingual. I speak French, but I have a slight anglophone accent when I speak French so they still know right away that I'm not Qu?becoi:(:( I hope they're not as bad to English-speakers as some people are saying!

Don't worry about that. You can have any accent that you want but people here will appreciate that you at least put in the effort at knowing and speaking French unlike some who have been living here in Montreal for several years and refuse or aren't to speak any French. That's sort of like the Mexicans in the US who won't learn English or barely know it and driving Californians nuts when trying to order a whopper.

You could settle anywhere in Montreal without being fluent in French and you'll be fine and eventually pick up French. English districts will make the transition much easier though.

Edited by revvo