There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Hi ! Nice to Meet You !

I really have no idea why I havent ever used this site before but maybe because I have been lucky over the years and did not encounter the pc problems I am now having.

My original XP Home Edition was installed by Gateway in 2002 and of course since then I have upgraded thru windows updates to SP2 in Jan. 2006.

I have been experiencing startup & shutdown issues and have tried just about everything possible to narrow the problem down with no success thus far.

I need to run the sfc /scannow to see if certain files have been accidently deleted or corrupted but I only have the original XP CD Sp1.1 disc and of course the splash screen keeps asking for the XP CD disc when I attempt to run the sfc command after the first 30 seconds of the run.

I need some help with this issue and how to slipstream the existing SP2 ServicePackFiles located in C:\winnt\ServicePackFiles\i386 into the original XP SP1.1 disc and burn a copy of it so I can insert this CD in when the sfc /scannow requests a CD to repair or replace any files.

I have already tried changing the sourcepath registry strings from D:\ to C:\ in two locations attempting to stop the sfc from requesting the XP CD but it hasnt worked.

I already have an existing C:\i386 folder on the pc that was created in Sept. 2002 by Gateway containing the original portions of the XP sp 1.1 install.

The SP2 looks to be in the C:\winnt\ServicePackFiles\i386 folder.

Thanks for any replys!

Regards to All !

Welcome to Neowin!

As for your question, you may want to post it to:

Neowin Forums --- Windows Support --- Windows NT4/2000/XP Client

Probably they can help you there with it ! :D

Welcome to Neowin!

As for your question, you may want to post it to:

Neowin Forums --- Windows Support --- Windows NT4/2000/XP Client

Probably they can help you there with it ! :D

Thanks very much for the Welcome & the reply !

Regards