Advice for purchasing new LCD TV

I am purchasing a new LCD TV before I move into my apartment for school. I don't want to spend too much money (< $1000) so I have narrowed it down to these two TV's. They are both 42" and have similar specs, but am not sure which one to get. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with these or advice?

I found the product page for the Vizio, http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=30 but I cannot find the product page for the Olevia, they only have product pages for the 3 series and above.

I don't want to find something out post purchase and regret my decision so I wanted to get some advice first. I really appreciate it. Thanks!

Vizio is good, not the best but it is cheap and looks decent. They are both okay, again not the best but will definitely fit in your budget.

Yeah, I know they're not the best, but I'm having to buy all of the other stuff for my apartment, so can't really go all out on my tv. Maybe when I graduate :)

The Vizio one is the one I'm leaning towards, but I like the fact that I can upgrade the firmware on the Olevia. Does anyone know how active Olevia is with pushing firmware updates out?

on topic of vizio, are they good for gaming as well?

I hear they are good for gaming, especially for the price. I've only seen it on HD directv for a few minutes at a friend's house. I thought it looked great. I don't see why it wouldn't be good for gaming, I'm pretty sure the refresh is good enough.