Barry Bonds hits #756

IMHO a sad day in all of sports.

Why? So the guy's played long enough to hit that many home runs. Who cares?

I'm neutral on the B.Bonds controversy, and all I have to say about #756 is "whoop de doo"...

-Spenser

It's a sad day because the most famous record in all of sports is tarnished by someone who had to take steroids to get where he is today.

Definitely agree about everyone moving on, I'm not a huge baseball fan so I can't really comment on this but congrats Barry, steroids or not, lol.

I'm guessing A. Rod might beat the record, since he's already passed 500 and so young.

God this steroid crap is retarded. Even though he did take "performance enhancing" stuff, when he "supposedly" did take them, it was PERFECTLY legal in Baseball to do so. I don't see a problem with him doing it at the time if Baseball didn't say it was explicitly illegal.

He broke the record, its his now. There shouldn't even be an "asterisk" or whatever it is people want to put in the record books for it. Mark the Steroid McGwire did some juicing, no one complained when he broke the single season home run record, but dear god Barry Bonds now the world must collapse in on itself because he broke the all time home run record, the most "special" sports record there is. Please.

Bonds is so feared as a hitter he is walked more than anyone else. He'll be lucky if he can hit 20 more homers before he retires next season (if he indeed retires after next season) because he's walked so much. But then again, that's what happens when you are a power hitter eh?

:|

I say congratulations Barry, now you and everyone else can move on and do what you get paid for, play Baseball and maybe just maybe, have some fun doing it again!

God this steroid crap is retarded. Even though he did take "performance enhancing" stuff, when he "supposedly" did take them, it was PERFECTLY legal in Baseball to do so. I don't see a problem with him doing it at the time if Baseball didn't say it was explicitly illegal.

He broke the record, its his now. There shouldn't even be an "asterisk" or whatever it is people want to put in the record books for it. Mark the Steroid McGwire did some juicing, no one complained when he broke the single season home run record, but dear god Barry Bonds now the world must collapse in on itself because he broke the all time home run record, the most "special" sports record there is. Please.

Bonds is so feared as a hitter he is walked more than anyone else. He'll be lucky if he can hit 20 more homers before he retires next season (if he indeed retires after next season) because he's walked so much. But then again, that's what happens when you are a power hitter eh?

I say congratulations Barry, now you and everyone else can move on and do what you get paid for, play Baseball and maybe just maybe, have some fun doing it again!

Very well put...

The way I see, steroids only help you in part, when it comes to sports requiring hand-eye coordination. He had to be able to make contact with the ball in the first place! :rolleyes:

Granted it was wrong of him to take steroids, but was it illegal? If not, they should just give him the accolade and move on!

It was illegal, it was just not enforced/worried about.

Steroid use wasn't all over the news/in the courts when McGwire did it.

When Bonds got to his late thirtys til now, his stats have sky-rocketed, when every other player starts a decline. Watch the interview with Bob Costas on CNN.

I don't care that he broke it either way, I live on the east coast, don't care for the NL or the Giants or Hank Aaron, as I'm too young to know him well. But I do want to see A-Rod break it in 10 years or so. 'Cause I've been around to see him play and remember when my moms friend showed me his rookie card and said "you see this guy, he's gonna be the next Ted Williams" I was like WTF, why would you say that. Fast forward all these years and look at him.

Edit: Also, steroids is known to increase your eyesight/hand-eye coordination. (gunslinger)

Edit: Also, steroids is known to increase your eyesight/hand-eye coordination. (gunslinger)

Finally someone understand this, if anyone saw that special on ESPN with the dude who created "the clear" knows what im talking about. He said a lot of people dont realize that this stuff helps our your reactions and hand eye coordination. But i could care less, its over with and arod will be next to break it, then we will talk about puljos or howard.

Very well put...

The way I see, steroids only help you in part, when it comes to sports requiring hand-eye coordination. He had to be able to make contact with the ball in the first place! :rolleyes:

Granted it was wrong of him to take steroids, but was it illegal? If not, they should just give him the accolade and move on!

and taking steroids gives you more muscles... which make you hit the ball farther..... which doesn't give you more homeruns?

it turned long fly outs into homeruns.

and as someone else said.... certain steroids help certain reactions/hand eye coordination.

Definitely agree about everyone moving on, I'm not a huge baseball fan so I can't really comment on this but congrats Barry, steroids or not, lol.

I'm guessing A. Rod might beat the record, since he's already passed 500 and so young.

Alex Rodriguez will smashed the record.

In 50 years, who will care. His so called record won't mean anything because someone else will

break it. That is, if baseball is still around. I haven't paid much attention to baseball since the mid

80's. It isn't like it was back in the 50's 60's and early 70's. When free agency came to baseball,

it KILLED the sport. No more team loyalty. It's simply a business. Any wonder why the yankees

budget is more than a few other teams COMBINED budget? It's all about the $$$$, which is sad

in a way. America's past time isn't what it once was.

I don't know about 5-8 years (he's got a good pace going, but I don't know if he can keep that up), but yes, I'm ready for A-Rod to break the record already ;) lol

I don't know about 5-8 years (he's got a good pace going, but I don't know if he can keep that up), but yes, I'm ready for A-Rod to break the record already ;) lol

assuming he doesn't get injured..... he'll average at least 30 HR a year..... next 10 years = 800+ HR

hopefully.