[Official] Doctor Who Thread

54jhr15.jpg

The Doctor and Donna book a date with Agatha Christie.

Filming is underway for Series Four of Doctor Who, with Catherine Tate reprising her role as Donna, the runaway bride featured in last year's Christmas Special.

The start of the new series will see Donna tracking down the Time Lord during an alien emergency in modern-day London. The couple are destined to experience a series of wonderful adventures throughout the new series including meeting one of Doctor Who's most popular aliens, The Ood in a brand new episode, Planet of The Ood.

Catherine Tate said: "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who. I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

Donna and The Doctor will also be travelling through time for an encounter with the legendary murder mystery novelist, Agatha Christie, played by Jekyll star Fenella Woolgar. Fenella will be joined by The Good Life actress Felicity Kendal, who will star as Lady Clemency Eddison.

"What a brilliant idea that Agatha Christie and Doctor Who should meet!," noted Matthew Prichard, Agatha Christie's grandson. "Two characters whose contribution to British entertainment is absolutely unrivalled. As far as I know my grandmother, Agatha Christie, never saw Doctor Who, but I am sure she would have been intrigued, excited and above all flattered by all this attention in 2007."

Doctor Who's executive producer and head writer, Russell T Davies comments: "Visiting Agatha Christie has been on my wish-list for ages now, and for the Doctor, it's a real meeting of minds! Viewers can expect many more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Blackadder and Notting Hill Actor Tim McInnerny will also guest star later in the series.

Freema Agyeman who has played Martha Jones, The Doctor's companion throughout the critically acclaimed third series will return to the show to join The Doctor and Donna mid series.

First Official News from next year!!!

Edited by Rappy

FILMING on Doctor Who was thrown into chaos after an Italian film set bosses planned to use, was hit by a fire.

Crew on the BBC1 drama flew out to Rome?s Cinecitta studios ? where the Beeb filmed their epic Rome series ? earlier this week.

They plan to make an Ancient Rome-themed episode for Doctor Who?s fourth series there later this year.

But on Thursday night a huge blaze ripped through the studio ? destroying masses of expensive BBC equipment.

Fifty firefighters battled the 40-foot flames all night ? but by the time the fire was contained a third of the studio was destroyed.

An insider said: ?It was a huge blaze. At one point, it looked like the whole studio was a goner. It threw a real spanner in the works for the Doctor Who team.

?They?re planning an episode where the Doctor goes back in time to Ancient Rome and thought it would be perfect to use the set.

?Filming on Rome has finished so it wasn?t being used.?

Rome was a huge critical hit for BBC2 and won plaudits for its extravagant special effects.

The ?50million production used five acres of outdoor sets to recreate the ancient city.

Who bosses still plan to use the set once fire damage has been cleared up, with insiders suggesting crucial parts were still intact.

Doctor Who executive producer Julie Gardner said: ?Some of the production team have been looking at locations in Italy for the new series.

?The Doctor will have a Roman adventure.?

Meanwhile, TV Biz can reveal that show star David Tennant is set to take a starring role in a stage version of Hamlet.

The Royal Shakespeare Company is set to announce next month that the actor will play the Danish prince in 2008.

Taking the role is likely to mean David is forced to quit Doctor Who before the end of series four ? as we predicted.

13 Episodes for this season according to Wiki

Gareth Roberts, Stephen Greenhorn, Tom MacRae, James Moran and Keith Temple = 1 episode each

Helen Raynor and Steven Moffat = 2 episodes each

Russell T. Davies = 4 episodes

Nice to know we are going to have less episodes written by RTD. However, I'm sadly miffed that Helen Raynor has got 2 episodes again. I felt her last episodes were utter tripe.

I'm looking forward to Davros, and the banter between Donna and Martha will be interesting!

So, is it possible RTD will go a whole series without the Daleks? Something tells me another Genesis Ark is floating around, or some other Daleks escaped the Time War, easily done!

I really wish Sally Sparrow returns! Very good character!

I've heard lots of people ask for Sally Sparrow to return. Tell you the truth I agree, she had a brain but without the ego to match.

The talk between Martha and Donna will be typical bitchy comments with some poor acting. What more do you want?

I'm looking forward to Davros, and the banter between Donna and Martha will be interesting!

So, is it possible RTD will go a whole series without the Daleks? Something tells me another Genesis Ark is floating around, or some other Daleks escaped the Time War, easily done!

Am I confused? If Davros is in it - doesn't this imply Daleks?

I've heard lots of people ask for Sally Sparrow to return. Tell you the truth I agree, she had a brain but without the ego to match.

The talk between Martha and Donna will be typical bitchy comments with some poor acting. What more do you want?

Yeah we need Sally Sparrow back plus that was one of the best episodes of the season I thought.

That was a Moffat episode I believe. Cornell's school one wasn't a slouch either. It was RTD episodes that let it down IMO.

I wonder if they have thought about who will take over as the other producer and if so, is that person taking a bigger role in this series. After all, they would want to deciede how to make the transitions between series.

Seventh Doctor Actor Sylvester McCoy released a possible spoiler at the Day With A Doctor event in Auckland, New Zealand. McCoy sited the source of the information as Peter Jackson. There has been no Official Announcement of this from the BBC.

McCoy claimed that Fifth Doctor Peter Davison is due to return for Series 4 in a Multi-Doctor episode.

Just some more info to what Rappy said above.

DOCTOR Who legend Peter Davison is to step back into the Tardis ? and come face to face with the current Doctor.

Peter, 56, who played the Timelord in the 1980s, will pull on his famous trenchcoat once again for a Children In Need special.

Bosses are tight-lipped about the storyline, written by Who scribe Stephen Moffat.

But an insider revealed: ?The Doctor is forever travelling though time so there?s no reason why he couldn't catch up with a former incarnation.

?Peter was top of the writer?s list to make a comeback."

This year?s Children In Need charity telethon takes place on BBC1 on Friday, November 16.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320...7380654,00.html

• 2 weeks later...
David Tennant's appearance in the fifth series of Doctor Who looks uncertain after it was revealed there will be no new series in 2009.

The fourth series, starring Tennant, is due to hit TV screens next year, but the fifth will not be seen until 2010.

Instead, Tennant, will star in three Doctor Who specials, written by Russell T Davies, on BBC One in 2009.

A spokeswoman for Doctor Who said she was unable to comment whether Tennant would return for the 2010 series.

Tennant, 36, will reportedly play Hamlet with the Royal Shakespeare Company from July to November next year, but this has not been confirmed by the RSC.

BBC reveals Doctor Who 'gap year'

I was said in the Daily Mirror he plans to be hamlet in a new production of it next year from july to november i think, so this could be why its only hold for a year, so he can work on another project

• 3 weeks later...

'Doctor Who' tackles Pompeii for new series

he upcoming season of Doctor Who will feature the Time Lord and companion Donna travelling to Pompeii in AD 79.

They will arrive on the eve of the famous volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius to be confronted with the dilemma of whether to warn the inhabitants of the region to run for their lives in advance of the catastrophe.

"Arriving in Pompeii marks the start of another exciting adventure," said executive producer Russell T Davies. "Donna is stunned to find herself in the midst of history's most famous volcanic eruption. Viewers can expect many more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Filming on the episode was recently completed at the Cinecitta studios in Rome, which was reported to have been hit by fire while preparations were being made for the shoot.

Peter Capaldi from The Thick Of It and Quadrophenia star Phil Davis will be starring alongside David Tennant and Catherine Tate in the historical fourth season episode

Source: Digital Spy

Billie Piper to make 'Doctor Who' return?

Billie Piper is on the verge of agreeing a deal with the BBC to reprise the role of Rose Tyler next year.

The News of the World claims that the former companion would return for a three episode arc for the season finale, should Piper accept the offer - reported to be ?20,000.

The paper quotes a BBC insider as saying: "We are all very excited that Billie is on course to come back. We're very close to getting her to sign."

Piper left Doctor Who at the end of the second season in the episode 'Doomsday', which saw her character Rose Tyler confined to a parallel Earth with her family and boyfriend Mickey.

Source: Digital Spy