[Official] Doctor Who Thread

5 hours ago, wendy oltman said:

who do you think will replace capaldi? who would do a god job at being the doctor

my vote goes to Benedit cumberbatch... one can dream no ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, margrave said:

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to see Peter Dinklage as the doctor. He would own it.

Although it would be great but would he be able to do the same amount of running that doctor does in each episode. He has to be fast in each episode  

20 hours ago, wendy oltman said:

Although it would be great but would he be able to do the same amount of running that doctor does in each episode. He has to be fast in each episode  

Doesn't need to be fast each Doctor deals with problems in different ways.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BritBronco said:

Doesn't need to be fast each Doctor deals with problems in different ways.

yes you are right. I forgot about the first doctor. Each doctor comes with his own set of issues

23 hours ago, wendy oltman said:

they wont use him as he was the great intelligence. Although he played the role magnificently

There is plenty of precedent in Who for former villain actors to get the top job. Hell, Capaldi himself is an example of that, though technically he didn't play a villain.  Colin Baker was another, and he WAS a villain of sorts!

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:20 AM, margrave said:

I would love to see Peter Dinklage as the doctor. He would own it.

How does he unlock the TARDIS door?

On 16/03/2017 at 7:31 AM, FloatingFatMan said:

I still vote for Richard E Grant in the role. He'd be totally awesome!

On 16/03/2017 at 7:53 AM, wendy oltman said:

they wont use him as he was the great intelligence. Although he played the role magnificently

He's portrayed The Doctor before in an animated story featured on the BBC website, made sometime before Doctor Who returned in 2005.

1 hour ago, DJGM said:

He's portrayed The Doctor before in an animated story featured on the BBC website, made sometime before Doctor Who returned in 2005.

Exactly, so I think he'd be perfect for the job.

1 hour ago, DJGM said:

32 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Exactly, so I think he'd be perfect for the job.

At the time, that incarnation of The Doctor was an "alternative 9th Doctor". The animation was made a few years before the series officially with Christopher Eccleston

as the official 9th incarnation of The Doctor. The story is called Scream Of The Shalka, and is still archived on the BBC website.

BBC.co.uk - Doctor Who | Webcasts - Scream of the Shalka

5 hours ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

How does he unlock the TARDIS door?

:laugh:

3 hours ago, margrave said:

Very well, thank you.

:laugh:

let's not discrimnate based on size peeps! Small lives matter! :rofl:

The tardis could shrink!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

By Huw Fullerton

Monday 3 April 2017 at 10:40AM

Departing Doctor Who star Peter Capaldi has shed some more light on his decision to hand in his Tardis keys, revealing that he was concerned that his performance in the role would suffer if he carried on.

“I was not sure how long you could keep doing this and be doing your best,” he told the Sunday Times’ Lynn Barber. “My fear was that if I went on, I’d end up phoning it in.

“Because there’s so little preparation time, you’re mostly flying by the seat of your pants – which is exciting, but I worried I might not be able to keep on doing it as well as I’d like to.”

Instead, Capaldi is leaving on his own terms on what fans hope will be a high. And though he hasn’t actually finished shooting yet (with a couple of episodes and the Christmas special left to shoot before his final day this July), the actor says his departure is already getting him a bit emotional.

“I’ve cried already – no, not really,” he joked. “But they’re such a nice group of people here, I’ll miss them terribly. And, you know, it’s the end of something. I’ve never done anything for three years before.

“Also, it’s a kind of magical thing, Doctor Who. It’s connected to my childhood and it brings this very warm response from people, children and fans of all different stripes. But then it’s over.” 

Hold back the tears, Doctor Who fans – there’s still a good eight months until we have to say goodbye for good.

sauce: 

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-03/peter-capaldi-feared-his-performance-would-suffer-if-he-didnt-quit-doctor-who

• Like 2

Yeah everyone is like OMG he's regenerating in the trailer for the season! Just a fake out again (like 10 did) I guess, or something else entirely leading into the Xmas special I imagine. Maybe he'll have radiation poisoning like 10 did and slowly croak lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOC said:

Yeah everyone is like OMG he's regenerating in the trailer for the season! Just a fake out again (like 10 did) I guess, or something else entirely leading into the Xmas special I imagine. Maybe he'll have radiation poisoning like 10 did and slowly croak lol

What worries me is... How long before the other doctor gets cast? So we probably won't see who until late 2018 maybe 2019ish? :/ 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

What worries me is... How long before the other doctor gets cast? So we probably won't see who until late 2018 maybe 2019ish? :/ 

They can take their time. I haven't even watched the first episode yet - with Peter leaving and all of Moffatt's poor direction, this is the first time EVER I haven't been excited for new Doctor Who. I'm to the point where I wouldn't mind another hiatus, to let the bad taste of the Moffatt era fade.

• Like 2