WMP11 queueing for playback instead of playing the song!

Question

Hi there, just did a clean install of Windows XP SP2 but when I have installed Windows Media Player 11, if i double click a song in a folder all it does is queue the song for playing after the song that is currently playing. I can't seem to find the option to turn this off, anyone know a quick fix for this little annoyer? thanks

9 answers to this question

there's an option in one of the drop downs somewhere. It's up on the top right somewhere.

There are three options I think... and it's a tick selection on the one you've chosen.

or

go into folder options > file types.... and set the "play" one for mp3s to the default.

Edited by lunamonkey

Hi if i set it to play with windows media player by default all it does is queue the song within windows media player. I am looking for the option in windows media player itself to automatically play the file and not queue it to the song that is already playing, currently when i have a song playing if i double click a song in a folder windows media player displays the song name at the bottom and says queued for playback. So effectivley what it is doing is creating a playlist every time i try to play a song

It's in Media player up the top right.

Might not be in the main preference, but in one of the little "click downs".

Or in the third level of options, near to the main window area. Near the junction between the playlist and library, up the of that.

lol sorry but i can't find what i'm looking for, those are like road directions. what should the option say that I have to check or uncheck?

Doesn't TweakMP expose an option like this?

Do you have HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences, value name "LibraryDoubleClickQueueV11" set?

Do you have HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences, value name "LibraryDoubleClickQueueV11" set?

I was on crack. You can't do it from the menus in Media player 11. I was remembering it in 10.

Set that one to 0, or delete the key and it'll work.

Dword : LibraryDoubleClickQueueV11 = 0

hi, the key is "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences\DoubleClickPlay" to "1"

Edited by tuto