Over all, are you glad you switched to Vista?

I was just thinking about this, everyone I talk to says "Vista Sucks!"..

I for one, am quite happy I switched to Vista.

I love it, and I haven't had very many problems with it at all yet..

So how about you..

Are you happy with Vista?

Yep, works really nicely now Gateway have given me some proper drivers. Fast boot, fast running and much more secure.

I don't think I could live without the search anymore, especially on start :)

Minus the handful of problems I still have lurking about (to be expected really) very happy with making the switch :)

yes, i love the start menu, the real user protection alla *NIX and the user interface. I agree with the people who say that there are no (visible) big improvements with vista. But it are the little things that make going back to xp a pain

Yes definitely. A few little things I do not like (the Start Menu redesign sucks and Explorer's Media View is incredibly annoying) but overall it's easily an improvement on XP.

I do have one fairly major problem in that my Volume Shadow Copy gets wiped every 24-48 hours and thus it takes System Restore with it. I've given up trying to work out why as VSC isn't much use to me anyway and I've only wanted to use SR once anyway.

I gave Media Center a quick go but overall I just use WMP11. I've not really found a use for MC.

p.s - I use TweakUAC in Silent Mode as I couldn't live with an OS that prompts me as much as UAC does, as it's in Silent Mode though it's still very much active.

I love the start menu and integrated index search function. I like Aero. I'd like Windows Calendar more if I could sync it with my blackberry. These things make it worthwhile, but if it wasn't for these, I'd still be on XP. Thankfully I haven't had a lot of problems with drivers or anything

Not happy with the overall performance on the new HP PC I bought with it pre-installed (Home Basic, no eyecandy). It was for my 7 year old, so didn't go for a top end machine, and the stores I stopped at were not selling XP PCs.

It is a dog on 512MB. The XP PCs with slower CPUs that the other kids have are more responsive.

I do like some aspects of the OS. Setting up parental controls is easy (it had issues, but it was easy to get to and change settings). The kids have their own accounts on it, plus a guest when they have friends over. But the favorite PC of the kids for playing their online games is the XP box with a slower CPU (same RAM).

I don't have (or want to buy) another XP license. I would rather spend that money on more RAM, instead of a different license. I might try Linux (and not spend any money) on it as dual boot, to see what the kids prefer. They use my PC on occasion, so Linux is not unfamiliar to them.

Overall: if you have enough RAM, I think Vista is fine. If you try it with the minimum recommendations from Microsoft, and have experience with XP with the same specs, you will be disappointed in performance (but probably like the features and improvements).

Yes, I am glad and although I persnally experiences some very annoying glitches, I never thought about going back to XP.

Apart from a long list of new features, there are other little, almost unnoticable things that I like in Vista.

Example, try renaming a file in Vista. It is designed in a such a way that you can rename it quickly and easily without having to retype the file extension.

as i have said to many people before and will repeat..

Vista has alot of good features and un-needed features, because its new it requires ALOT more than XP required which is why many people are finding it hard because they think they can run vista as good as they ran XP without upgrading hardware.

there is alot of people who bought XP machines probably with 512 ram and think they could upgrade to home premium which was a mistake.

But hey, thats my 2 cents

well for me in this order windows me from march 2001 , windows xp home edition from december 2001 , windows xp pro from feb 2002 , windows vista all flavors in 30 day trial mode from jan 2007 now running both business & ultimate on my machines.....

i love vista even with things removed with vlite i give it a 10/10

yes and no, I mean there are a lot of small things in vista i appreciate in the way that files and lists are setup, but then there are a boat load of things that **** me off, everything from video anomolies using a high end card that was super stable in xp to programs hanging and crashing AND i remember someone at M$ saying that this wouldnt happen, where a program would stop responding and you could grab it and tear the screen as u moved it around! I remember he said this wouldnt happen and it happens ALL THE TIME!! ahhhh i love XP, but this move to vista has me wanting to buy a mac -because i use to be hardcore about customizing my rigs, but now i just want everyday stuff to work properly! WHY IS IT THE *@(#(@ING NERO STILL DOESNT WORK IN VISTA!!??

I installed Vista 2 days ago. Already switched back.

There are lots of nice things, but too many little things that are a pain to me.

I am going to wait till at least SP1 and more importantly there are vista specific (WPF) applications.

I love Vista.

I have had no problems with it, there are minor issues but nothing that bugs me. All the programs I use run fine, if not better. Plus Aero looks damn good.

because its new it requires ALOT more than XP required which is why many people are finding it hard because they think they can run vista as good as they ran XP without upgrading hardware.

Is it me or is that a flawed logic?

Just because it's a new version does not mean that people should expect it to be slower. I think the opposite, in a new version often code is rewritten in a cleaner, more efficient way. I haven't personally tried Vista, I think a lot of people's problems come from machines being preloaded with a lot more crap than back when XP was released, google desktop didn't exist for one thing ;)