Over all, are you glad you switched to Vista?

I really like Vista, and I'd like to stay with it, but for some reason I'm starting to feel less comfortable with it than XP. I don't know why, and I have no complaints about Vista itself (it has run perfectly on my computer since I installed it), but I just feel the need to go back to XP, at least for a little bit.

The first attempt on my laptop (Acer 1520) was a particularly torrid affair, damn Nvidia Go5700 graphics. Recently installed it on my desktop (Athlon 2500+, 1GB Ram, ATI 9600) and i'm very impressed with it. It's fairly snappy and running just fine on my old hardware.

It seemed i was one of the few people that didn't have any driver problems or compatability flaws (except bloody Audition grrr)

If someone asked me if they should upgrade i'd say if you want a nicer experience. If someone was buying a new computer i'd say 'so long as you have plenty of memory then definatley' !!!

haven't had any technical problems whatsoever. it's ran flawlessly since day one and i have pretty old hardware (s478 mobo/pentium m). my only niggles have been with the new explorer ui but i've got used to that now.

at first i didn't think it offered anything much over xp but after using nothing but vista for a few months, going back and trying xp seemed like a huge step back. :p

After having Vista Ultimate on my system for one week, I'm generally happy with it, though I can't run Aero until I upgrade my graphics card. But so far so good.

I loved the UI very much so much that I cant stand XP anymore. But in the end Vista is so horrible on driver support especially when it comes to postscript and the x64 version. So I decided to make the switch to Mac and the only Windows I use now is XP 32bit in a Fusion VM and Boot Camp for playing Bioshock :p

I don't regret switching over to Vista.

After switching to Vista, you do realize how mediocre those "Vista-emulation" themes and programs for XP are.

I do realize the driver support was a bit...slow, to say the least, but when I got my Dell Inspiron 6400, everything went pretty smoothly. I didn't even have to install any drivers (except for the Synoptics one - that was relatively optional though).

People, try to be more optimistic about Vista. :) It's going to be around for another couple of years till Microsoft gets Vienna ready.

No, i changed to Vista once right after release. I used it for a month, but the lack of SLI drivers and tons of little errors and issues pushed me back to XP.

Then a month ago i tried it yet again, since SLI drivers had been released. But again, tons of issues with my netbanking, installing certain things, stupid bugs, stupid crashes, poor gaming etc. pushed me back to XP yet again.

I know these issues are mostly not Microsoft's fault, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna put up with them.

Switched since launch, and I've been all happy. For me, the driver support has been good and pretty fast. When I use a PC with XP, it's just a whole different world. I like Vista A LOT.

used it for a month

realized theres no benefit at all in vista

and its trash for gaming compared to xp

xp took a good year to set in im sure vista will take just as long

tho i hear nothing but bad about it on the news...

Yeah, exactly, it's just a showoff <_<.. You people arent gaming.. It sucks! Its official that it sucks!

Honestly, I installed XP very recently to look at a few games, NWN2 and Civ4. I noticed (gasp!) no difference at all. And there aren't many games that can tax your system like NWN2 can.

A few games have massive issues, sure. But for the most part, games are running fine.

used it for a month

realized theres no benefit at all in vista

and its trash for gaming compared to xp

xp took a good year to set in im sure vista will take just as long

tho i hear nothing but bad about it on the news...

my gaming is just fine in vista and i myself will never go back to XP. Drive support is great and so many things in vista make my day to day using the computer simple and more fun then in XP so many thing. so i dont think you used vista for a month cause form what you said it would be you delt with all those issue for 1 month now any other Joe in your shoes would have said I used vista for 2 days and then went back to XP now how long did you really test vista cause in 1 month time you seem to have found nothing over XP witch is Odd when 99% of everything vista offers over XP for the end users and anyone else is apparent from the get go features and small little new things witch make browsing your system more fun and easy and less stressful . so come back when ya have Ran vista on a good system and really have used it .

Now that Nvidia have gotte their fingers out of their rear orifices in terms of gfx card driver support it's actually a lot better than it was a few months, even weeks ago. I was one of those people that detested Vista for it's poor driver support and would vow never to switch to it until my XP system simply didn't work anymore and I had no choice, but I'm actually content with my vista environment.

The only thing I have a bugbear about now is UAC. I install and uninstall things on a daily basis and it just get's on my nerves, but thanks to other threads on here I'm reluctant to disable it completely for security reasons. I would like to know however if there is a way to bypass UAC for specific files (eg: I downloaded the newest version of CPUz and I get a UAC popup every time I run it, being as I change my overclock almost every time I reboot is quite annoying. Would really like to be able to run that one file without it giving me a damn popup every single time.)

No i am not.

I thought it was that bad that it made me finally make the switch. XP was ok, but buggy. So i thought i'll buy Vista and hopefully its much improved. Wait, it's still the same old crappy OS it ever was......i sold my machine after only having had vista a week.

I was sick of the "Are you sure you wont to allow this?" crap.

So i switched to a new iMac with OS X 10.4.10 and am happy to report i will never be using Windows as my OS at home ever again :D

Didn't switch, got a new Laptop with Home Premium installed.

And...

No I'm not. I'm much more used to the locations of all the options and stuff in XP. I have to resort to Google to find out where the settings are. Also, options that were once easy to locate are buried deep inside other irreverent options.

Battery life sucks on Vista for laptops, lasts less than 1.5 hours with Wifi and bluetooth off.

Bootup is fast that's one thing I like.

What happened to the feature where you didn't have to restart to update Windows?