Bioshock PC Demo

Might as well download now than tomorrow, i'm sure the wait will be longer then than now.

I can wait till tomorrow to unzip it, weird how they did that tho, oh well :)

I will have to wait because my PC is not powerfull enough, not a problem and the price will be lower when i get it.

I really hope those "Big Daddys" can really grab you have to struggle to shoot them close up like in the ads.

Im downloading on a subscriber account and getting 20kb in fits and starts, there is currently 28hrs left .. at this rate I would have been quicker to charter a flight and ask for the demo at 2Ks studios and then fly back before I get it. FP just give some ###### and bull story saying its my ISPs fault as they have no control, yet I can download anything else from anywhere else and get 2400+kb on top of their download.

I also hope that what has happened in the past with these pre-downloads is that it actually unlocks the file, the last 4 have all done the same where it doesn't unlock and I have to re-download it all again. They blamed my PC on that one. It's always somebody else's fault with BilePlanet

Can someone post the md5 checksum of the completed file? I want to make sure mine downloaded right. When I tired to extract the archive, it gave me a bunch of errors instead of asking for a password.

Don't expect anyone to be able to crack the password, the only known method for .zip password protection is brute forcing it and if the password is more than like 8 characters long (which it probably is, imagine it to be something like "the cult of rapture") then it'll take hours and hours to get it.

And that's IF someone can be bothered.

I was about to submit the torrent to demonoid but it indicates that the tracker address for demonoid is wrong. WTF, I thought the recent tracker for demonoid was updated on Augsut 8th

I thought they would at least have some kind of program to unlock it instead of just a password protected zip. Then again I don't see why they can't just let us play the demo now.

Ah well, just gotta wait then. :p

Can someone post the md5 checksum of the completed file? I want to make sure mine downloaded right. When I tired to extract the archive, it gave me a bunch of errors instead of asking for a password.

Here's the md5 for BioShockPCDemo_encr.zip: 514f3de6bfa08f11b19d797d201f9b88

I can open the zip and view the file structure, so it should be correct.

Edited by Code.Red

I thought they would at least have some kind of program to unlock it instead of just a password protected zip. Then again I don't see why they can't just let us play the demo now.

Ah well, just gotta wait then. :p

Here's the md5 for BioShockPCDemo_encr.zip: 514f3de6bfa08f11b19d797d201f9b88

I can open the zip and view the file structure, so it should be correct.

Thanks, that checksum matches my file.

P.S. I just read over on another forum that someone found a way to modify the filefront url to download an unencrypted file, but that the trick and already been fixed.

well mine finished downloading and its not asking for a password at all. i try to extract and it comes up with an error. eh oh well.

Yeah, mine too

Not too sure whats going on.

well ive been reading around on the cult of rapture forum to figure some stuff out but its just utter chaos over there and i cant find any real answers. looks like we'll have to wait till tommorow.

My download stopped on FP (using a subscriber account) stating no mirrors. Tried the link in the second post and the mirror list is blank .. Whats going on?

I really hope that I didn't just waste 1.84GB of bandwidth, because I do not want to have to download this again. Hopefully, they will post some way to unlock the filefront .zip tomorrow when 7PM rolls around.

fileplanet removed all links to the demo because a few of us have figured out how to download the unencrypted demo from fileplanet :)

the game is awesome btw :)