Bioshock PC Demo

where can i preload the demo from on file planet im a subscriber but i cand find any links to preload the demo...

thankx

I hate Fileplanet. I'm all for charging for priority downloads or limiting download speeds but they deliberately make their free service barely usable. Is it really right to only put on ONE public server for an exclusive demo? No, of course not. I will never subscribe when their free service is so appalling.

When you have a game this anticipated there servers will get hammered for it. Do you think its fair to utilize it for the people like myself who pay to subscribe and give us priority access and make you wait a little longer? I sure do. Do not get me wrong, it sucks having to wait around but, fair is fair.

Another side note, do not post links to known warez sites for the download via bittorrent.

Edited by AgEnTsMiTh

When you have a game this anticipated there servers will get hammered for it. Do you think its fair to utilize it for the people like myself who pay to subscribe and give us priority access and make you wait a little longer? I sure do. Do not get me wrong, it sucks having to wait around but, fair is fair.

Another side note, do not post links to known warez sites for the download via bittorrent.

+1

i clicked the big yellow fonted box that say high speed server, but when i do tis i get the download program pop up and then it says no mirrors

someone please help

It turns out that 2k/FP removed the demo as someone found out how to download the unencrypted file (which is why it is on torrents) so FP shut the servers down hosting the encrypted demo, probably until 7pm when its supposed to be official. So much for a FP account :(

[]SOURCE] If you can wade through all the crap :(

What makes this even funnier is that I spotted the FP Download Manager d/l it last night then this morning it had stopped at about 50% so I came online to find out why and now I know there is an unencrypted version, if they had just let me download it I would have been none the wiser!

I've already got it pre-ordered for the 360 but I was interested to see how it would run on the PC.

I don't have a problem with having to wait longer or giving priority to subscribers. I don't have a problem with subscriber exclusives. I don't have a problem with having to pay for a quality service. I have a problem with them putting up only ONE server on possibly the most anticipated demo of the year - all the other files get multiple servers situated around the world but as soon as it's something popular they limit it to one hugely overloaded server. There should be a reasonable number of free servers so as to be fair to non-subscribers but obviously they should be bandwidth limited and require you to queue. My objection is that rather than trying to provide an exceptional paid service that stands up on its own they make the free service tedious and unbearable. Why on earth would I want to subcribe when they treat me like crap as a non-paying customer?

If they're not going to provide a fair free service then they should just shut it down and become a subscriber only site.

well ive cancelled my subscription now with FP, even though i just took it out, still got access for 3 months but they do suck!

If they're not going to provide a fair free service then they should just shut it down and become a subscriber only site.

Well..you'll say another thing when they've decided to do that :)

Let's just cherish that they are still providing a free service.. and well it's free, so we can't complaint much

Sweet. Downloading from that link now... slowly creeping towards 100k/sec (and hopefully beyond!) :)