Blue-Eyed People 'Smarter' than Brown-Eyed ?

PEOPLE with blue eyes are likely to achieve more in life than those with brown, say US scientists.

Scientists who conducted the tests said brown-eyed people performed better at reaction time, but those with lighter eyes appeared to be better strategic thinkers, the Daily Mail reported.

Brown-eyed people succeeded in activities such as football and hockey, but lighter-eyed participants proved to be more succesful in activities that required skills in time structuring and planning such as golf, cross-country running and studying for exams, the scientists said.

Louisville University professor Joanna Rowe, who conducted the tests, said the results suggested an unexplored link between eye colour and academic achievement.

"It is just observed, rather than explained," she said.

"There's no scientific answer yet."

Bedfordshire University senior psychology lecturer Dr Tony Fallone, who has also studied eye colour, believed it should be taken more seriously as an indicator of personality and ability, the Daily Mail reported.

Daily Mail readers had mixed opinions ranging from "What about all the brilliant people from other continents where there are no blue eyes? No strategic thinkers there, eh?" to "I guess I must be the exception to the rule".

source

Funny thing, all of my girlfriends that I've ever had were blue-eyed beauties. They were all brilliant too :yes: (I almost dated a girl with brown eyes once, but she moved to Texas and we haven't talked in years unfortunately)

I have hazel eyes, wonder what that gets me :unsure:

Well obviously there isn't a link between the two, however those who have blue coloured eyes will tend to be from certain areas/lineages...

I've never noticed such a pattern...I think it's just a biased, impartial study.

more than 70% of all the Caucasians I know (mostly Armenian) are as stupid as Spongebob. I'm in Honors classes, freshman mind you, and some stupid ass girl gets all over my case just because I don't go to where they all are. I mean like thats it, WTF!!!!1111oneoneone You need some help boze (translated=female dog=b*tch). Strange about that since from what I've seen, blue-eyed blondes make Spongebob jealous in stupidity.

Yes explain-

Mine eyes are hazel - brown to green at times... sometime golden- depends on my mood and my attention.

My last score on a 'formal' IQ test was 167. Granted that was 25 years ago- in the 7th Grade to determine if I was 'smart enough' to enter the district's 'G.A.T.E.' (Gifted And Talented Education) program (which replaced the less politically correct sounding M.G.M.- 'Mentally Gifted Minors' program). That score put me in the top 5 people they've ever tested for the school (I'm not saying which school, or which position I was in... :D) The online tests put me at about 150- an average I calculate based on the arithmetic mean of tests versus results.

Having said that...

Most 'blue-eyed' people I know tend to be more "committed" to the work they are doing... once they get themselves focused enough to do it. That makes them more apt to succeed. Whereas most brown / hazel / green eyed people I know, regardless of 'IQ', tend to give up more easily and move on to the next task.

If you were to ask me for my explanation of 'why' this happens... why 'blue-eyed' people accomplish more... I'd have to say it's because people are more willing to put trust into a 'blue-eyed' person. Their eyes are different, and since people believe you can learn a lot just by someone's eyes, and people associate that with being treated differently, those 'blue-eyed' people have more leeway to do things that 'other-colored eye' people may not get away with but which otherwise would result in the same outcome.

technically this is correct, however one didn't really need a study for it... considering that blue eyes are a recessive trait and brown eyes are a dominant one.... this tells us that blue eyed individuals will come from a limited population, while brown eyed people will cover a far greater population....

This is more of a case relating to statistics than actual "scientific study". So of course if there are "less intelligent" regions of a population, chances are that they'll have brown eyes compared to blue eyes considering that it's a dominant trait... and weigh down the brown eyed population's intelligence.

Asians are all brown eyed.

EXPLAIN.

Asians were genetically altered by Aliens. :laugh:

I have noticed in movies, a high percentage of actors have blue eyes.

Don't know if this is just a 'beauty' thing, or it helps them remember scripts & project emotions.

Asians were genetically altered by Aliens. :laugh:

I have noticed in movies, a high percentage of actors have blue eyes.

Don't know if this is just a 'beauty' thing, or it helps them remember scripts & project emotions.

[joke] Maybe Godzilla and Mothra... maybe even the Power Rangers had something to do with it?

it is true

asians are some very intelligent ppl..id say on average much smarter tha north americans

You might want to replace "north americans" with Americans before the Canadians get upset :p

So they think they found a correlation, good for them. It proves nothing. It's hardly worth reporting without some attempt at an explanation for the link.

I personally think social conditioning is more likely to cause it than anything genetic, but who knows?

technically this is correct, however one didn't really need a study for it... considering that blue eyes are a recessive trait and brown eyes are a dominant one.... this tells us that blue eyed individuals will come from a limited population, while brown eyed people will cover a far greater population....

This is more of a case relating to statistics than actual "scientific study". So of course if there are "less intelligent" regions of a population, chances are that they'll have brown eyes compared to blue eyes considering that it's a dominant trait... and weigh down the brown eyed population's intelligence.

If what you say is correct, then the intelligent regions will also have more brown eyed people as well.

I know far more blue eyed people than brown. Brown may be dominant, but I think amongst certain groups, there are way more blue eyed genes getting around. Eye colour is also far more complicated than people generally realise, there are about six genes involved or something - not two as most people believe.

Great - Science is picking up where hitler left off. I think this is flawed considering the fact that I have brown eyes and an IQ of 160. Maybe I am just a little variable against their blonde and blue eyed control system. Although the reaction time statement is true for me anyway.

What does it mean when I have blue eyes that sort of "fill up" to put it simply into being a completely odd color?

Guess I'll explain this. My eyes are usually blue but sometimes a color like yellow, purple, green, or grey will start at the bottom of my eye and move up until it's completely that color. Doesn't always happen to both eyes either and the colors are VERY vibrant.

Great - Science is picking up where hitler left off. I think this is flawed considering the fact that I have brown eyes and an IQ of 160. Maybe I am just a little variable against their blonde and blue eyed control system. Although the reaction time statement is true for me anyway.

Well, it is "research" coming from the southern US. What did you expect?

Article is absolutly ridiculous. All the smartest people I have ever known have had brown eyes. Blue eyes tend to be the dummer ones. Granted I'm biased -my family and friends, being mostly Latinos, mostly have brown eyes.

What about hazel or gray eyes?