[VB] Runtime Error: 35603

Question

[VB] Runtime Error: 35603

Invalid Key

This problem has only just started happening in an application we have had created for us about 8 years ago.

When hitting F2, it searches a MSSQL database for the record entered into the "Address" field.

Only problem we now have is that then we hit "F2" on some records, this error message is displayed.

Has this been caused by a Microsoft Update fix? I have checked the Regional Settings and ensured everything is set to English. I have, however, run out of options as to where to go next.

Could someone please lend some assistance.

Many thanks

6 answers to this question

Not doing anything with the Search Results. Bascially the application just searches for a record. When it tries to search for a record, it sometimes comes up with the error above, but otherwise searches with no problems.

This problem has only just started happening in an application we have had created for us about 8 years ago.

When hitting F2, it searches a MSSQL database for the record entered into the "Address" field.

Only problem we now have is that then we hit "F2" on some records, this error message is displayed.

Has this been caused by a Microsoft Update fix? I have checked the Regional Settings and ensured everything is set to English. I have, however, run out of options as to where to go next.

Could someone please lend some assistance.

Many thanks

learn to google http://support.microsoft.com/kb/204054

The previous problem has now been fixed, thankfully. Actually had something to do with the results not properly pulling back numerical fields.

Found and fixed, however I now have a problem with the system I was experimenting on.

I'm not getting a "Run-time Error '48': Error Loading DLL".

Now I've tried un-registering the DLL's and re-registering the DLL's, but it doesn't matter what I do, I still get exactly the same errors.

I've even tried un-registering them in Safe Mode, but having no luck their either.

I've also tried replacing the affected DLL's and had no luck there either......

Could anyone lend another hand? :-s