Nero 8 is coming

Why do people say nero 7 is bloat, it's only around 300MB before you install it; when it's only about 400MB - 500MB after it's installed AFAIK.

nero 6 Ultra was almost 700MB before you installed it.

So, why do people have a hate on for nero 7...it should be nero 6 you all hate?!

Damn, it's suppose to be more simple with SmartStart, but looking at that I'm just more lost... :/

post-66198-1188685727_thumb.png

Looks pretty awesome, I always hated smart start because of the small cramp window. I just hope they keep the bloatness below 200megs.

They need to update the icons for it. They haven't changed in a long time and look like crap compared to some of the newer programs.

What do you mean? They just changed them semi-recently to be Vista-ish.

they better get rid of all the pointless junk and stuff in it like "nero scout" which is crap which gives you no option to not install.

they better get rid of all the pointless junk and stuff in it like "nero scout" which is crap which gives you no option to not install.

Yeah I was not impressed when I saw that in Computer.

its big... And the ppl want to backup their data in CD/DVD and HDDVD/Bluray nothing more. I dont see the reason why this should be that big.

Seems like since vista everything MUST be big as mandatory. Because looks good and for sure the ppl will buy it.

I'm hoping they'll seperate some of the programs because they're adding stuff most people like myself are not going to use, i just want the burning rom

Apparently the nero 8 suite weighs 911MB which is just crazy

ImgBurn is the only tool I need. It can burn, read and build CD/DVDs or image files. Best free burning tool there is.

i agree, lately i been using IMGBurn to burn pretty much everything i need to burn data wise... for AUDIO CD's i just use Burrrn ;) (both of these programs load up lightning fast! ;) )

p.s. i do still have nero 6 installed as this is the last good version of nero if you ask me.