Halo 03 |News & General| OFFICIAL

wow, thats interesting. i hope they make destroyable phantoms in single player, although it could ruin some of the gameplay if you destroy the phantoms (especially if you're glitching off map where they just sit often) before they put down all their troops...

that map also looks quite cool, anyone got any idea which one it is? i haven't kept too up to date on all the halo news recently and evidently missed that one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not single player footage?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not single player footage?

I remember in the E3 2007 trailer, the Chief destroyed a Phantom with the minigun at :51 in the trailer.

I just noticed that in all the stuff we've seen from Halo 3 so far, there is no Flood.

I think it's safe to think that they'll be returning in Halo 3 - with the Gravemind and all - but in all the Bungie Updates I've read - in all the screenshots/videos, never seen/read anything about the Flood.

Did I miss something? :p

No you didn't and im glad you brought that up i think they are gonna pull something out of their magic hat when it comes to the flood ..

Indeed, so far in Halo 1 and 2 they always held back some big major secrets until the game was released.

Indeed, so far in Halo 1 and 2 they always held back some big major secrets until the game was released.

Ill never forget the first time I met the flood. *fades to memory*

The little guys arent so bad, like party poppers... *final door opens*

HOLY SH**%*#&$*@!

*end memory file*

Good times, yeah

Yeah that part was awesome. The cutscene from Pvt. Jenkins really built up the tension for me.

Great game. :D

It was the big guys coming out of nowhere that did it. The marine and the cutscene were pretty building though. I felt relieved for most of the level since there was near no Covenant.

I really wonder what the Flood will be like in this game.

The flood in H2 were a big disappointment. Detail was embarrassingly lost with the popcorn flood guys, the shrills of the flood were plain annoying and not viscous as in the first game. However, I did like the fact that the Elite retained their energy shields and the popcorn guys were able to resurrect a downed fighter. That popped my eyes out first time I saw it. Hated the fact that with the little guys swarming you they wouldn't all "pop" when you shot or mealed one of them as in the first game, only a few.

I'm sure H3 will scare a few of us :devil: Or atleast I hope.

I'm sure with Forge anything is possible. I am anxiously hoping that we can decide whether or not vehicles can be destructible or not. How cool would that be to vicariously play Halo through Halo 3!

I remember reading somewhere that it is one of the options. :)

Ill never forget the first time I met the flood. *fades to memory*

The little guys arent so bad, like party poppers... *final door opens*

HOLY SH**%*#&$*@!

*end memory file*

Good times, yeah

That still scares me. :| I really love that cutscene and the music.

I remember reading somewhere that it is one of the options. :)

Yea, from what I've been reading, the amount of customization available in Halo 3 custom games is incredible. I mean, if you can select what weapon a certain player can or cannot pickup then having destructable/indestructable vehicles seems to be a no-brainer. :p We will see! :D

Oh well...

post-62693-1189257200.jpg

From Beta and might be spoiler for some people.

Source:http://www.subnova.com/20070518.221403/

Yea, from what I've been reading, the amount of customization available in Halo 3 custom games is incredible. I mean, if you can select what weapon a certain player can or cannot pickup then having destructable/indestructable vehicles seems to be a no-brainer. :p We will see! :D

whopee!

I'm beginning to wonder if Forge is the ultimate answer to all of the H1 fans who had problems with every bit of H2 from weapon balance to game mechanics and this is a way to alter everything. I'm getting goosebumps.

call me spoiled, but i think forge is just ok, and that they should have made a FULL map editor, imagine the crazy stuff people would come up with then!!??

That works for and against your argument ;)

^ it was the radar going crazy red that did it for me.... and it was dark in the room, and I was alone.... and i screamed like a girl. :blush:
Yeah that part was awesome. The cutscene from Pvt. Jenkins really built up the tension for me.

Great game. :D

And the marine who goes nuts and shoots at you.. ohh how that brought me so many mixed feelings....
It was the big guys coming out of nowhere that did it. The marine and the cutscene were pretty building though. I felt relieved for most of the level since there was near no Covenant.

lol. I dunno what it was about myself, but I got through the cutscene and I wasn't really frightened at all. I was more in a 'bring it on' mood :laugh: They were just more things for me to kill :p

-Spenser

I have a feeling this game will contain a lot more double take moments than the original, such as the marine shooting you etc. We are given huge epic battles apparently but theres sure to be a minefield of emotional content for to those who love the story :D

I have a feeling this game will contain a lot more double take moments than the original, such as the marine shooting you etc. We are given huge epic battles apparently but theres sure to be a minefield of emotional content for to those who love the story :D

I sure hope it'll be like that. I have good confidence in Bungie that they'll satisfy every single one of us. :D

Yeah, the deadline's approaching quickly. Not a good thing for me, seeing as I still need to buy an xbox360 - and am out of money! I'm going to get panic attacks soon. :laugh:

Yeah, that's my real reason I'm looking forward to this. To hell with Forge, as long as the story is mind-blowing, I'm happy :D