Halo 03 |News & General| OFFICIAL

Can anyone give me any tips on How the Hell I am supposed to get thru Cortana on heroic , I know people have finished it on legendary, but is there a trick to getting thru this Flood infested level?

Rich

xxx

dont go running though it, you will get slaughtered, the trick is to get a energy sword (owns most flood in close range) and something like a carbine for long distance.

it takes a little longer but gets it done

I've been running :p

So sort of, hide behind stuff and let them come to me kind of strategy, instead of a 'suicidal arrrgggghhhh charge'.

Fair enough, I'm stuck on some tunnells where she starts saying whats your name, nice to meet you etc.

Thanks for the tips, anymore anyone?

Rich.

Hold down the guide button and the guide will open on the right hand side of the screen with the option to disconnect the controller.

But then it won't start because it says "Reconnect controller" :pinch:

Yeah, hold down the dashboard button for a second or two and a blade will pop up on the right hand side of the screen asking if you want to turn off the controller or console. Nifty for us lazy gamers.

If you do the Sign Out thing before you disconnect the controller it will work...

Bit inconvenient though...but I suppose it's good if the controller batteries die.

Yeah, hold down the dashboard button for a second or two and a blade will pop up on the right hand side of the screen asking if you want to turn off the controller or console. Nifty for us lazy gamers.

hehe, sorry, I was joking, in reference to magiks post and the Fall 07 Update thread where there was a lot of hoo har about making it even more convinient to shut down, but hey, let's not get into that!

Rich

xxx

^^^1337'rd response ROFL.

Edited by rr_dRock

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an easy way to get the In for some chop achievement in Halo campaign?

The one where you destroy a vehicle with equipment, I'd partucularly like to find an easy spot where you can get a power drain and get a grunt in a ghost.

From Bungie's update...

Hopper Updates

Last month, Halo 3?s Hoppers received a handful of changes and tweaks, most notably, perhaps, reducing the frequent appearance of Shotty/Snipers was appearing in Team Slayer. This update, due early next week, includes a more robust list of changes, tweaks and adjustments to Halo 3?s Matchmaking. We?re continuing to take pretty long looks at Community feedback in the Optimatch forum (among other places) and tracking hopper data so that we can continue to improve the hoppers regularly.

Here?s the list (remember these changes aren?t live right this very moment, but they will be early next week):

Social Doubles has been removed from matchmaking

Rocket Race Hopper has been added to the Social hopper ? 8 players, join in parties of up to 8 players.

Multi-team:

* Hammerzeit game variant has been added

* The frequency of VIP gametypes has been reduced

* Swords gametypes will now be to 25 kills, rather than 50

Lone Wolves:

* Player count has been increased to 6 players

* Swords gametype has been added

* Oddball games on Snowbound and Epitaph have been reduced considerably

Team Slayer:

* Guardian has been added to the playlist

* Valhalla has been added to Team Slayer

Social Skirmish

* Flag gametypes will now appear more regularly

Rumble Pit

* Added both Construct and Isolation to several gametypes

777,777,777 And Counting...

Three years ago today, Halo 2 arrived at retail, so our last project is celebrating somewhere, eating delicious cake (we're not lying). In a weird coincidence, Roger Wolfson came up and told me that, "At the current pace tomorrow will be the 777,777,777th game of Halo 2 played on Xbox Live." Given the current pace of Halo 3's gameplay, we're on track to hit that number of games played at this time next year. The Wolf(songames of Halo 3 are being played three times as fast as its older sibling.sibling.

^ Wow, that is truly amazing.

Thank god for reduced Oddball in Lone Wolves. It was getting ridiculous to the point where if a map was vetoed, and then we got oddball, everyone would just let one person pick up the ball and win, so one person would get first and everyone else second, and the game would end fast.

-Spenser